Does not record video from tests

I am using the IDE version 5.4.1 in Windows 10 (64 bit).

I have already enabled the video recording options, according to the tutorial: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Video+Capturing

But do not do the test recording, does anyone have any tips to solve?

1 Like

I have a similar issue. Videos are recorded if the computer is unlocked during test execution, but if I want to lock the machine while Iā€™m away, the resulting videos are going to capture the wallpaper or a blue screen (not the ā€œblue screen of deathā€ :o ).

Can you please tell me which browser/environment youā€™ve used to record? You execute your tests using GUI or console mode?

Mate Mrse said:

I have a similar issue. Videos are recorded if the computer is unlocked during test execution, but if I want to lock the machine while Iā€™m away, the resulting videos are going to capture the wallpaper or a blue screen (not the ā€œblue screen of deathā€ :o ).

Well you should leave your screen unlocked because Katalon Studio will actually ā€˜captureā€™ the whole screen when you start your tests, so donā€™t leave your screen locked.
Regards

@Vinh Nguyen

That represents a privacy issue for the company I work for. For example, if Iā€™m running a test suite remotely, or if it is going to run for an extended period of time, I must leave the computer unlocked and unattended. Thatā€™s why it would be very useful to have the option to capture video even with the computer locked.

Staff, good morning!

I used Google Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official version) 64 bits, I execute GUI mode, Iā€™m still in the process of learning with Katalon studio.

Have you ever had any problems like mine? of not recording the video in the execution of the tests?

Folks,

I ran several tests, reinstalled the IDE and the functionality worked.

thank you.