Console Mode not sending reports

Hi Katalon,

Is the sending of reports to email when running on console mode no longer available in version 5.3.0?

here is the command i’m using generated from Build CMD

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath=“project.prj” -summaryReport -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Suites/Testing Console” -browserType=“Chrome (headless)”

The Build CMD on this version is different from the videos and screenshots, it doesn’t have the option to select recipients or select the report folder.

PS: Running this suite through Katalon studio does send a summary report to my email, so the email configuration is setup properly.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Delgado said:

Hi Katalon,

Is the sending of reports to email when running on console mode no longer available in version 5.3.0?

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath=“project.prj” -summaryReport -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Suites/Testing Console” -browserType=“Chrome (headless)”

The Build CMD on this version is different from the videos and screenshots, it doesn’t have the option to select recipients or select the report folder.

PS: Running this suite through Katalon studio does send a summary report to my email, so the email configuration is setup properly.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,

The report is still sent to me through console mode execution. Please note from recent versions the recipients will be the one you’ve defined in Email Settings, they have removed reportEmail parameters from the actual command builder.

Untitled.png

Vinh Nguyen said:

Ben Delgado said:

Hi Katalon,

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,

The report is still sent to me through console mode execution. Please note from recent versions the recipients will be the one you’ve defined in Email Settings, they have removed reportEmail parameters from the actual command builder.

Hi Vinh,

I defined the recipient under the Email Settings instead of just having them under the Execution Information and it worked. Thanks for the help!!

Ben

When running in console mode, the report folder only contains screenshots and a log file. Is it possible to get the nice html based report that you get when running in Katalon natively (non-console mode)?