CMD execution

I am running tests on Katalon studio using the remote Web option that I setup in project>settings.

I set the remote web server to point to CrossBrowser testing.com with the required parameters. This works fine when running a test in Katalon studio. I can see the results on CrossBrowserTesting.com

When I try to run via Terminal using the Build CMD options for remote:

1. There is only an option for remote web driver URL and no parameters.
  2. When I execute the command in terminal I get the following message,

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2017-05-03 12:23:45.158

!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified

121 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = STARTING

/%Users%deane.rousseau%Katalon Studio%Photo Mosaic%Photo Mosaic.prj/Keywords/seleniumKeyword/exampleKeyword.groovy: 22 Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

com.kms.katalon.execution.webui.driver.RemoteWebDriverConnector$RemoteWebDriverConnectorType cannot be cast to java.lang.String

Is it possible to run tests from CMD on a remote browser farm like CrossBrowserTesting or BrowserStack ?

Hi Deane,

I would recommend changing you’re password because the first part of the remoteWebDriverUrl displays the credentials.

deane.rousseau@addynamo.com:udcc350e14ba9538

Thank you, Vinh Nguyen.

Upon re-checking, looks like this is an issue from Katalon Studio. We will apply a fix for it soon.

Thanks

I use a Mac so in terminal I cd to my applications and then execute the following command :
./Katalon\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/katalon --args -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath="/Users/deane.rousseau/Katalon Studio/Photo Mosaic/Photo Mosaic.prj" -reportFolder="/Users/deane.rousseau/Katalon Studio/Photo Mosaic/Reports" -reportFileName=“report” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Photo Mosaic” -browserType=“Remote” -remoteWebDriverUrl=“http://deane.rousseau%40addynamo.com:udcc350e14ba9538@hub.crossbrowsertesting.com:80/wd/hub” -remoteWebDriverType=Selenium

Hi there,

Can you provide me the command line you use in this case?

Thanks

Hi,

Has this issue been fixed.

We are encountering the same issue Katalon Studio 5.1.0 build 1.

Thanks,

Joel

2 Likes