Capture a otp from mail and then use it in a differnet window with different url in web appliaction

I am trying to capture a otp from mail. use that in a differnet window with different weburl in webappliaction using katalon studio.

… and the problem is …?

Andrej Podhajský said:

… and the problem is …?

I am trying to automate the sign-up page which has a otp feature. I will receive a otp via E-mail .

problem is how to capture the otp and complete the sign up page.

depends on e-mail server - if it have rest api to call you can get mail from there you need to analyze possibilties

also 2nd option is to ask developers to turn off OTP feature (or set it to dummy one) with agreed codes - few for testing bad input and few for testing good one and test this functionality on closed environment (non public)

Andrej Podhajský said:

depends on e-mail server - if it have rest api to call you can get mail from there you need to analyze possibilties

I am trying to get this from gmail

google mail have api that is published, you need to implement client to get to mailbox, or make script to access webUI of gmail. In script you can open more than 1 browser to access information you need.

Andrej Podhajský said:

google mail have api that is published, you need to implement client to get to mailbox, or make script to access webUI of gmail. In script you can open more than 1 browser to access information you need.

In katalon we have option only to record a single url and complete a flow .

my problem is how handle this via web recorder.

Andrej Podhajský said:

I am new to automation can you please explain in more detail.

how to put it …
you will need to code in groovy/java to access API. take look here for example:
https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/java/apis/gmail/v1

Andrej Podhajský said:

how to put it …
you will need to code in groovy/java to access API. take look here for example:
https://developers.google.com/api-client-library/java/apis/gmail/v1

Thank you very much for your reply …