Can not record web, grey layer over whole page and id("katalon") only identified

Katalon studio 6.1: After recording started. It opens url, but there is grey layer over it and no elements are identified. So basically I can not record.
But when I use Katalon recorder browser plugin, I am able to record.No grey layer in this case.

Could you please share more information on the issue - if this was an issue with katalon 6.1 there would be an abundance of topics created.

Please share screenshots, any errors logs from the console in katalon and F12.

1 Like

Capture2

There is nothing in log

Did katalon studio ever work for you? or is it just this specific version.

From reading this thread - looks like could be something in your code, although im not sure - i havent seen this error before. Have a read and see if theres a solution that works for you. Sorry i cant help more.

KS recording works on some pages, but this one is a problem.
But when I record it with plugin for chrome (Katalon Recorder 3.7.0), and import it into KS it works.

So if KS works on some pages i can only see it being a problem with that page and not KS. Maybe ask one of your devs to take a look at the error code and see if they have an idea of what may be causing the issue on that page.

I was expecting, that if the recorder and studio are both your products as well they should work well on the same pages.

Now i dont work for katalon, nor do i know the tool inside out - im just a user of the tool so im trying to give you a solution just from experience.

Yes, they should. I cant see a reason why your recieving this screen in KS and not using the recorder. Could you take a screen shot of the page you recieve ?

Do so more reasearch into the errors your recieving in the console. Theres clearly something going wrong on that page.

I’d like to, but I can not (not allowed). And sorry about that (your product)