Block finally doesn't run in katalon 5.4

**OS windows server 2012 r2

**## **Katalon Studio Version 5.4
****## Katalon Studio logs:
note: the log was cleaned before starting the test to have only the log of this execution

**## Steps to reproduce -

.log.jpg

steps.jpg

2 Likes

I have found the same thing. We are relying on the finally block for a Mobile.closeApplication() which will uninstall the app (even if earlier steps fail) – thus allowing the next test to start with a clean install.

Hi,

We’ve noted down this issue and will fix it soon. Thanks for your information.

Regards

1 Like

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi,

Regards

Meanwhile, do you have a link to download the version of katalon 5.3 or 5.3.1 for linux?

Thank you.

@“Vinh Nguyen” do you have a link to download the version of katalon 5.3 or 5.3.1 for linux?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi,

Regards

@Vinh Nguyen  Do you have news about this fix?

This has been fixed in 5.4.1 version, can you please double check again on that version?

Vinh Nguyen said:

This has been fixed in 5.4.1 version, can you please double check again on that version?

In Windows it is ok, but in the Linux version the error continues

@“Vihn Nguyen” – The issue still persists on Mac, Version: 5.4.1, Build: 1. But a huge thank you to your team for looking into this so promptly.

David Klein said:

@“Vihn Nguyen” – The issue still persists on Mac, Version: 5.4.1, Build: 1. But a huge thank you to your team for looking into this so promptly.

Hmm it’s strange. Let me double check it again.

David Klein said:

Well I’ve tried again on macOS version and see finally block does execute. Can you please double check again?

Screenshot at May 08 09-26-23.png

Carlos Fontana said:

Vinh Nguyen said:

In Windows it is ok, but in the Linux version the error continues

@Vihn Nguyen The issue still persists on Linux, Version: 5.4.1, Build: 1

Captura.JPG

@"Vinh Nguyen"  Do you have news about this fix for the linux version?Thank you very much to you and your team for all the work

Carlos Fontana said:

@"Vinh Nguyen"  Do you have news about this fix for the linux version?Thank you very much to you and your team for all the work

Hm it’s strange because Linux version has the same code base. Are you sure 5.3 version of Linux edition works?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Carlos Fontana said:

Hm it’s strange because Linux version has the same code base. Are you sure 5.3 version of Linux edition works?

in 5.3 I do not know. But in 5.0 it works perfect.do you have a link to download version 5.3 (linux)?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Carlos Fontana said:

just now download version 5.4.1 for Linux and the files have a modification date of 04/23/04 and Windows files have a modification date of 04-27-18.

Carlos Fontana said:

Vinh Nguyen said:

Carlos Fontana said:

in 5.3 I do not know. But in 5.0 it works perfect.do you have a link to download version 5.3 (linux)?

@Vinh Nguyen You have news?

Vinh Nguyen said:

David Klein said:

Well I’ve tried again on macOS version and see finally block does execute. Can you please double check again?

I’m testing with Android Mobile. Both successful TRY blocks and failing TRY blocks fail to run the FINALLY blocks.

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.01.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.03.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.09.28 AM.png

I’m not sure what you mean here. Finally block does execute based on your provided information, so it do its expected behaviors.