Bamboo Add-on

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/bamboo-addon.html

how does this work now that we need the runtime engine?

My guess here is, you need an up-to-date plugin version for your bamboo account/set-up

Hello

To execute Katalon tests with Bamboo, you need an active Katalon Runtime Engine node-locked license.

Jass

1 Like

we got the license and are going to work through trying to get this to work today. i will update as we move through and send any issues we may find

Hi all,

I installed Bamboo and Katalon Bamboo Integration Plugin on my machine to check it with free licences. (I couldn’t manage Katalon Bamboo Integration to work on my machine since I need a Runtime Engine Licence that we are going to buy for the cloud installation)

Now I would like to install Both Bamboo and Katalon Bamboo Integration on a cloud server to make it ready for setting up out CI/CD life cycle but I got some doubts:

1 - Bamboo: do I just need to install Bamboo on the cloud machine without agents and I will be ready to run our plans? We have actually a Build plan that has to be expanded with Katalon UAT automated tests. And a Deploy Plan to deploy on different environments.
Or do I have to purchase a licence for Bamboo too?

2 - Once I configure Katalon Bamboo Plugin and configure the Runtime Engine Licence, will it start to work properly? Is there anything else needed?

Can someone of you that has more experience give me some advice or point me to some useful resources on the internet that helped you before?

Thanks a lot to anyone that might help me.
Mattia

I have still not been able to set this up so i will reply with more once i do.

we got the license and are going to work through trying to get this to work today. i will update as we move through and send any issues we may find

hello Jass, i get error when i try it, it says :

|22-Jul-2021 22:03:13|Unable to publish artifact [Katalon Studio Artifact]
|22-Jul-2021 22:03:13|The artifact is required, build will now fail.|

but i was following the instruction to fill copy pattern like this https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/bamboo-addon.html#artifacts

can you help me ? thx

1 Like

i found same issue too, how can i fix it? @Jass

Hi @syahrul and @iqbal

I wonder if you already subscribed to KRE/KSE license. If yes, please create a ticket on Zendesk and provide sufficient details including screenshot of that you have installed the Bamboo add-on successfully and full execution log for troubleshooting.

If you are using KSE/KRE trial, please send the required info to @duyluong in private message.

Happy Testing
Jass