As error has occured .Please see log file null

When i open Katalon stuido 7.1.0 , As error has occured .Please see log file null

1 Like

Hello,

could you attach your log file here?

Not able to see the log file .Can you tell me how to check logs . When i try to open the tool that time itself throwing the above mentioned error.

<katalon-install-folder>\config\.metadata\.log
1 Like

It’s obvious they are having trouble, Ibus. You can either offer helpful feedback, or continue to troll.
Would you decide?

I agree. However, a reasonable person would then proceed to ask for the relevant information, instead of providing completely unhelpful, rude feedback that does nothing to help the community and only serves to inflate your own ego.

@Brandon_Hein i only highlighted some lack of info in the op post. From where the ego discussion?

Would you say that this post was helpful in any way? What does this feedback look like to the OP? To me, it just looks like a jab at someone.

I just asked from where that ‘null’ came.

No. No you didn’t.

Thanks for the information. In the log i am seeing the message " MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.
Could not find element with Id ‘com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.handledmenuitem.webServiceRequest’
Not a valid list position.

I see that a lot, too. It doesn’t seem to be a problem.

That doesn’t seem relevant to Katalon not starting up correctly.

Please delete RENAME the log file and then restart Katalon. It will create a new .log file. Follow @Brandon_Hein’s advice to upload it here.

ok wil do as per you suggested . Thanks

Not to find RENAME log file

@nanda131985 just delete everything from the .metadata folder when katalon is closed, and start it again.
a new .log file will be created

.log (36.8 KB)
here’s the log file, can you please help me ? thanks alot

From your log I see,

So, how about resetting your project with the following.

1. Close your Katalon project

2. Delete folders

<projectDir>/bin

<projectDir>/Libs

<projectDir>/.cache

<projectDir>/.classpath

<projectDir>/.project

— these folders are safe to delete as they will be recreated.

1. Reopen your project
3 Likes

Hello, I am having the same issue. I cannot open Katalon v9.0.0
See the attached log file. What should I do? Please help…

.log (39.8 KB)

@rismat

Did you update from v8 or downloading new version?

I downloaded the new version from the Katalon site as the Katalon app was not giving the v9.0.0 download option.
I had v8.6.8 before.