[API Testing] HTTP Body problem with Katalon 6.2.2 and linux

I am using Katalon Studio 6.2.2 in Ubuntu.

During some API testing, I realized I was able to do GET without any problem but POST always returned me status 400 - Bad Request.

After some analysis, I realized that, no matter what I wrote in the HTTP Body section of my Object (see following picture), the request Katalon was sending was always empty, giving me the Bad Request all the time.

Then, after a long analysis (and looking at some older files I had) I solved the issue by adding a new line inside the “.rs” file of my Object, like the image below:

Here is the line I added manually to the file:
"text": "{\n "message": "${message_string}"}",

Of course you need to adapt the line according to the content you want to send.
I am using a variable called message_string in order to send different messages in my request.

I am pretty sure this line should be added automatically once you fill in the “HTTP Body” tab of the interface and therefore, I am considering it a bug.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am using linux or maybe some missing configuration but I found this workaround to make things work for me.

Please let me know it this is indeed a bug or if there is a way I can fix it in an easier way, since it is pretty annoying that every time I save my Object I have to edit the .rs file again because the line I added gets automatically deleted.

Hi @lsasaki,

Can you show us the HTTP Header Tab view? Did you try to add Content-Type as application/json in the HTTP Headers.

Thanks

Yes, I have tried, you can even see from the “.rs” file I sent, the content type is correct.

But here it is the Header Tab view:

And another try…

Hi @lsasaki,

Please share us the content of HAR file (at the top right of the response view).

Thanks

{
“log” : {
“version” : “1.2”,
“pages” : [ ],
“entries” : [ {
“startedDateTime” : “2019-08-05T18:46:35.434Z”,
“request” : {
“method” : “POST”,
“url” : “http://localhost:8080/api/v1/message”,
“httpVersion” : “”,
“cookies” : [ ],
“headers” : [ {
“name” : “Content-Type”,
“value” : “application/json”
} ],
“queryString” : [ ],
“postData” : {
“mimeType” : “application/json”,
“text” : “”,
“comment” : “”
},
“headersSize” : 0,
“bodySize” : 0,
},
“response” : {
“status” : 400,
“statusText” : “”,
“httpVersion” : “”,
“cookies” : [ ],
“headers” : [ {
“name” : null,
“value” : “HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request”
}, {
“name” : “Access-Control-Allow-Origin”,
“value” : “*”
}, {
“name” : “Access-Control-Allow-Methods”,
“value” : “POST, PUT, GET, OPTIONS, DELETE”
}, {
“name” : “Content-Length”,
“value” : “0”
}, {
“name” : “Access-Control-Max-Age”,
“value” : “3600”
}, {
“name” : “Access-Control-Allow-Headers”,
“value” : “Content-Type, Authorization, Content-Length, X-Requested-With”
}, {
“name” : “Date”,
“value” : “Mon, 05 Aug 2019 18:46:35 GMT”
} ],
“content” : {
“size” : 0,
“mimeType” : “”,
“text” : “”,
},
“redirectURL” : “”,
“headersSize” : 250,
“bodySize” : 0,
},
“cache” : { },
“timings” : {
“comment” : “”,
“dns” : -1,
“send” : 0,
“wait” : 0,
“receive” : 0,
“ssl” : -1,
“blocked” : -1,
“connect” : 243
},
“comment” : “”,
“_katalonRequestInformation” : {
“name” : “0”,
“testObjectId” : “/home/lsasaki/Documents/EAP/eap-automated-api-tests/Object Repository/Hello World/Create Message.rs”,
“harId” : “bbbabb47-1317-479c-822a-dbae0b44893a”
},
“time” : 243
} ],
}
}

Hello,

I’m facing the same issue. Checked the .har file and found that request body is missing in the logs.

Katalon version : 6.3.3
Ubuntu version : 16.04

Facing the same issue. No matter what I do, all http requests (soap and rest) go out empty. Body is also never saved.

Katalon SE 7.6.2 running on Arch Linux

Hello. I am new to Katalon. I have downloaded Katalon Studio 7.6.2. I am using Ubuntu 18 system to run the studio. The HTTP Body for all POST/PUT methods are always empty. If i open up the .rs file, all the required lines are present. I have attached an image of my .rs file. Can someone please give me some guidance here?

Please has anyone found the solution to this?