Any replacement for CUCUMBER JS integration in Katalon?

As there is no direct integration of Cucumber JS in Katalon, does Katalon support any other BDD testing tool?

I do have tried to integrate Jira with Katalon, but the Scenario written in Katalon Gherkin plugin in JIRA will be just imported as comments in Katalon. Any solution for this will be really appreciated!

Thanks

ARUN SURENDRAN said:

As there is no direct integration of Cucumber JS in Katalon, does Katalon support any other BDD testing tool?

I do have tried to integrate Jira with Katalon, but the Scenario written in Katalon Gherkin plugin in JIRA will be just imported as comments in Katalon. Any solution for this will be really appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Arun,

Thanks for using Katalon Studio. Would you mind share with Katalon team more details about the case? What would you like to achieve?

Regards,
Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the prompt response!

Ultimately my objective is to integrate Katalon with any BDD tool thus we can involve with non technical people for testing,

Regards,
Arun

@Liam Any updates?

Waiting for a reply for this! :’(

ARUN SURENDRAN said:

Waiting for a reply for this! :cry:

Hi ARUN,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have talked to the team about your request and BDD integrations have lower priority at the moment in the development stack.

The development team did mention you could create a custom test script to integrate with BDD tools manually at your end. I’d recommend giving it a try first!

I know for sure that Katalon team would like to expand integrations with BDD tools in the future. Things might change around if there is enough demand for it.

Thank you for choosing and supporting Katalon Studio,
Liam

Hi there,

I’m also having the same issue which needs to integrate BDD concept into Kalalon studio.
Any update so far?
Could you please provide ideas on how to integrate with BDD tool manually by creating custom test scripts?

Thanks and appreciated.

Hi @Liam_B
I integrated Katalon Gherkin in Jira, i like to write a cucumber scenario in jira and generate it automaticlly to
Test case script in Katalon studio. The problem is that the Scenario written in Katalon Gherkin plugin in JIRA will be just imported as comments in Katalon the same problem as @ARUN_SURENDRAN
Any Solution for that please ? Thank you

Best regards,
Rami

I could now also try out how the connection between the Katalon plugin in Jira and the Jira integration in Katalon Studio v6.1.0 was actually intended. If only I could have had a closer look at this implementation earlier! For months I had to limit myself to evaluating the possibilities of using Cucumber within Katalon Studio itself, because the Katalon plugin in Jira didn’t work for us yet. But now I finally come across this odd thing that the feature file data from Jira are only imported as comments in simple test cases. :frowning:

@Katalon: Was that really your intention? Which user scenario did you have in mind? What challenge did you want to solve by this? And is this behavior the same as we would expect if we purchased the paid Katalon plugin for Jira?

Furthermore, we urgently wish for solutions to the problems addressed in this post, on which elementarily depends whether this plugin will ever have any use for us:

Especially the difficulties that Katalon Studio seems to have with other Cucumber languages than English are now obvious again when importing our feature file data from Jira, where German umlauts like “ä” are converted into unreadable strings like “\u00E4”.

Sorry @Katalon, but again not getting an answer to such elementary questions is too little for me and very disappointing.

For anyone else looking for a usable JIRA plugin that connects to Katalon as well as almost any other testing framework to export Cucumber features there and import test results from there, take a look at AssertThat - BDD Test Automation in Jira. Can do many more things much better and is much cheaper.