After updating to Katalon Studio 9.7.0, problems occur when TestCase Run

After updating to Katalon Studio 9.7.0, problems occur when TestCase Run.

I am using the Katalon Studio Free 9.7.0 version.
Today I updated from Katalon Studio Free 9.5.0 to 9.7.0.

TestCase, which was operating without problems, will not be executed after the update with the following text output in the ‘Event Log’.

chromedriver is located at default location: C:\Users\jeong mi gyeong\.katalon\packages\Katalon_Studio_Free_Windows_64-9.7.0\Katalon_Studio_Free_Windows_64-9.7.0\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32\chromedriver.exe. In case your browser is updated to a newer version, please use this command to update chromdriver: --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true
Launcher status after execution process completed: Terminated

There is no output in ‘Console’.

The environmental information currently in use is:

• Chrome : 128.0.6613.114
  • ChromeDriver : 128.0.6613.84 (Updated with Katalon Studio’s Update WebDriver.)

Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Hi there, :wave:

Thank you very much for your topic! It may take a little while before Katalon team member or others forum members respond to you.

In the meantime, you can double-check your post to see if you can add any extra information i.e. error logs, HTML codes, screenshots, etc. Check out this posting guide to help us help you better!

Thanks! :sunglasses:
Katalon Community team

Fri Aug 30 16:23:28 KST 2024
Azure: Enterprise license for this feature is requested

Is this a problem?

Every time you run the testcase, one file like ‘.temp-TemptestCase17250026656-Classpath-Arg-Arg-1725000026823.txt’ is created.

In the SeleniumHQ/selenium/issues, there are a few post that claims “does not work with Chrome128”

These were opened quite new (e.g, 20 hours ago). Issues were just found. Not yet resolved.

I guess, katalon users with Chrome128 problem should wait for a while for their investigation.

2 Likes

Few hours ago, I updated the Katalon Version to 9.7 and also updated the chrome drivers.
Currently chrome version is 128.0.
When I click on run button in Katalon Studio, It doesn’t open chrome browser. It is getting terminated.
Is this the ongoing issue, Should we wait for this to be resolved?
Please let me know.
Thanks

Hello, there.

The same problem here :confused:

Hello. Same Problem here. Help please.

as mentioned in above responses, its affecting many. lets wait and hear on the resolution

I checked the Releases page at

v9.7.0 was released at 28th Aug

And I found v9.7.1 was releaset at 30th Aug, just 2 days after the previous minor version.

I checked the Release note page at

I found nothing about v9.7.1. I just wonder why Katalon does not write a release note for this official update.

@Elly_Tran

What happend at the urgent release v9.7.1 ? Does it contain something about Chrome 128 issue?

I have a doubt that the webdriver binaries bundled in the v9.7.0 was somewhat broken, and Katalon realized it after the release. So Katalon urgently released the 9.7.1. No?

Those who got problem with v9.7.0 — they should try v9.7.1? No?

3 Likes

Hi,
I have updated the Katalon Studio to v9.7.1, But i still see the same issue on my end. Is the issue not resolved yet?

Hello,
By installing version 9.7.1 my login problem disappeared. But a new problem appeared, already reported by other members on this forum, the test cases are no longer executed, they are directly put in “Terminated”! Thank you for your answers and comments.

Alain

I think you should choose KS stable version on which chrome is working f9

1 Like

I also updated Katalon to v9.7.1 and it stopped running test, please help.

for me it startet with 9.6 and still occurs with 9.7.1

Hi everyone, please try the following workaround while we’re working on the proper fix for this issue:

The purpose of step 1 and 2 is to reduce the length of Studio application path which is the known issue in 9.7.0

1. Copy C:\Users\thuyngo\.katalon\packages\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.3.1\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.3.1 to C:\
  2. Rename C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.3.1 to C:\Studio
  3. Launch the app C:\Studio\katalon.exe
  4. Run the test again

Thanks

5 Likes

Thanks. This worked for me. Note that I started having the issue after updating to version 9.7.1 .

Hi,
the proposed temporary solution works with my version 9.7.1.
Thank you very much.

I just created a new user on my Windows. Installed Katalon Studio there and my test cases started running.

Thank you, we can run TestCase in 9.7.1 version as the temporary solution you gave us.

However, Katalon Studio will have to come up with a fundamental solution.

Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.