Unable to open project

Using the latest version of Katalon Studio, when I close the tool and re-open my project, it says “Unable to open project” with Reason “IOException”. When clicking into the details, it says “Access Denied”. I tried changing the permissions to the project folder to Full Control hoping that may be the cause but that did not resolve the issue. The only way this gets fixed is by rebooting the computer. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

3 Likes

Anyone??

I’m having the same issue. Is there a work-around that can be provided?

You can check here for some workaround solutions, looks like there are many reasons to be the root causes of your issue :slight_smile:

I am getting the same error in my work environment, having this issue is frustrating. Not sure if it’s the company AntiVirus.
When I use the app in my personal laptop on my home network it works perfectly fine.
Anyone has any other suggestions besides the workarounds that Vinh Nguyen mentioned?

At least one thing that I am sure of is that I am admin in my work laptop. So I have read/write permissions for everything.
I would appreciate any feedback or further suggestions on this issue, since it seems more people is having it and it have not been resolved or found the root cause of the problem.

Thanks.

I get a ResourceException when trying to clone my project from git

ResourceExeption.PNG

1 Like

Rassol Dagpin said:

Please help to post Katalon Studio logs file also. It’s available in \config\metadata\.log file

By the way, for the current workaround solution until you post that .log file, I would like to address that please try to delete .project file within your project folder and try again.

I ran into this problem as well. I’m using Windows 10. What worked for me was to simply start the Katalon Studio as Administrator.

Hope this helps…

1 Like

Vinh Nguyen said:

Rassol Dagpin said:

Please help to post Katalon Studio logs file also. It’s available in \config\metadata\.log file

By the way, for the current workaround solution until you post that .log file, I would like to address that please try to delete .project file within your project folder and try again.

can u help me with issue ? this’s .log file

.log

Even I am getting this issue any workaround other than Run as Administrator

I also get error “Unable to open project”, but without any reason with the lastest Katalon Studio version 5.4 on Win 10. Run as Administrator does not work for me. I downgraded Katalon Studio back to version 5.3.1. and it works fine on the same project. Is there any solution for this issue?

Same problem (ResourceException) but only on one of my projects.

… and “Run as admin” didn’t fix the problem…

Opening “Run as Administrator” did not help.

KS Null pointer exception.jpg

Parvati said:

I’m facing this issue after version upgrade from 5.4.2 to 5.6.
I don’t even find log file at path

\config\.metadata\.log.

to share with you.

Hi guys,
I had to face this issue and don’t open the project with KS. If it occurs with project clone from git, try clone and open again with KS. It’s will work well.

Alice said:

Hi guys,
I had to face this issue and don’t open the project with KS. If it occurs with project clone from git, try clone and open again with KS. It’s will work well.

We dont use GIT

Parvati said:

Opening “Run as Administrator” did not help.

@Nguyễn Minh Tuấn,
When I try to upload the .log file here, I get message below message.

KS Unable to upload log file.jpg

Nguyễn Minh Tuấn said:

Vinh Nguyen said:

Rassol Dagpin said:

can u help me with issue ? this’s .log file

According to that file, below are error logs for that specific issue:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2018-03-20 13:35:12.315
!MESSAGE 
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Invalid project description.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.checkDescription(Project.java:169)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.assertCreateRequirements(Project.java:53)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.create(Project.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.create(Project.java:247)
	at com.kms.katalon.groovy.util.GroovyUtil.initGroovyProjectDescription(GroovyUtil.java:498)
	at com.kms.katalon.groovy.util.GroovyUtil.initGroovyProject(GroovyUtil.java:150)
	at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProjectForUI(ProjectController.java:69)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.OpenProjectHandler$1.run(OpenProjectHandler.java:114)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Contains: OK
Contains: F:\TBP-Project\Project Katalon\sample-testcase overlaps the location of another project: 'F%%TBP-Project%Project Katalon%sample-testcase%learn.prj'
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 77 2018-03-20 13:35:12.315
!MESSAGE Invalid project description.
!SUBENTRY 2 unknown 0 0 2018-03-20 13:35:12.316
!MESSAGE OK
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 77 2018-03-20 13:35:12.316
!MESSAGE F:\TBP-Project\Project Katalon\sample-testcase overlaps the location of another project: 'F%%TBP-Project%Project Katalon%sample-testcase%learn.prj'

I am also getting resourceException when trying to open a cloned project… any solutions? none worked from above…