What's new in v7.9?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/new/what-is-new-79.html

Hi,
I tried to upgrade to 7.9 (MacOs BigSur) and I have suddenly and for the first time this problem Java Runtime Environment. I had not updated the Java (before updating Katalon I had 7.8, I run it and it was fine). It looks like the path is wrong. see

The path that is looking for should be …/…/Content/Eclipse/jre/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jli/libjli.dylib
What do you recommend doing here to fix this issue?

It looks like the path to the libjil is defined incorrectly in the Contents/Eclipse/katalon.ini. Notice the missing jre folder in the highlighted segment

I was able to edit the katalon.ini and fix the path. This is the correct path.
../../Contents/Eclipse/jre/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jli/libjli.dylib
Find the katalon application in Finder. Right mouse and select show package contents
open Contents/Eclipse/katalon.ini
replace the file path on line 8 with the correct path above. Save the file.
Now you should be able to start katalon
Katalon devs should fix the deployment package.

Yes I also got the same issue

I have auto-scheduler configured with Teamcity. It was running fine in version 7.8.2. but In version 7.9, getting license activation issue, my license has not been expired.

Also in my local machine, After updating to version 7.9.1, getting errors in Keywords. After updating to version 7.9.1 getting a lot of issues

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue after version update? Have you found any fixes for that madam?

Wrong:

import MobileBuiltInKeywords as Mobile
import WSBuiltInKeywords as WS
import WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI
import WindowsBuiltinKeywords as Windows

Correct:

import com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.MobileBuiltInKeywords as Mobile
import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI
import com.kms.katalon.core.windows.keyword.WindowsBuiltinKeywords as Windows

Hello mr. @aggeliki.rabaouni Katalon 7.9.1 how much appium use ?
now using windows 10