WebUI.setText add white square char (□)

Dear All,

I enconter some issue regarding WebUI.setText.
On a few input, I got an anoying □ at the end of the input.

I guess there is somewhere an ending string character but I have no idea where (Katalon or the app?).

See below a picture of the problematic :

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Common Object/input_byId', [('inputID') : 'a_HFTEO2-ID_FEN0-Z_ARTICLE-1_id']), 'KAT0001')

Does someone have an idea of how I could deal with that ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Take care,

Code item KAT0001[] does not exist

How is this message is generated?

Your server-side app might be buggy, not?

hello,
1st some questions:

• from where are you running that test (studio/pipeline)?
  • what is codepage set in Katalon/Server/Webapp?
  • what is next command after setText (can you please send bigger snipplet)

Ok my appologies for asking help, you find out what created this unwated char.

We work to integrate our tools with a tiers solution : we have to interact with this module and send the enter key as validation. But on this particular screen it add additional char rather than validate…

WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase('Embarqué (tactile)/Click on confirm'), null)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Common Object/input_byId', [('inputID') : 'a_HFTEO2-ID_FEN0-Z_ARTICLE-1_id']),
			'KAT0001')

// Error there
			WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject('Object Repository/Common Object/input_byId', [('inputID') : 'a_HFTEO2-ID_FEN0-Z_ARTICLE-1_id']),Keys.chord(Keys.ENTER)) 

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Common Object/input_byId', [('inputID') : 'a_HFTEO2-ID_FEN0-Z_TYPE_COLIS-1_id']),
			'110')

WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject('Object Repository/Common Object/input_byId', [('inputID') : 'a_HFTEO2-ID_FEN0-Z_TYPE_COLIS-1_id']),
			Keys.chord(Keys.ENTER))

WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase('Test Cases/Embarqué (tactile)/Quit All Screen'), null, FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE)

Thanks you for the time you took

1 Like