Web Browser closes after execution

Hi,
I need help on the following issue
After (successful / unsuccessful) test execution my preference is to always have the Web Browser remain open… ensuring the following is commented out //WebUI.closeBrowser()…worked fine version 5.3…
Since upgrading to version 5.4.0…Web Browser closes after every test?
Is there something I have missed to properly set in either Project>Settings or Window>Katalon Studio Preferences so Web Browser remains opened?

2 Likes

I am running into the same issue.

Test cases are terminating after success. And the project setting for execution is not set this way.

same for me!

Seems to be something in the project settings but not its not in sync with UI’s project settings. I reverted back to 5.3.1 Katalon Studio and for test cases and projects that were created in the new 5.4 version it would still occur.

Todd Bruss said:

Seems to be something in the project settings but not its not in sync with UI’s project settings. I reverted back to 5.3.1 Katalon Studio and for test cases and projects that were created in the new 5.4 version it would still occur.

In your project, if you open up /settings/internal there is the execution settings file:

‘com.kms.katalon.execution.properties’

and you will see Katalon regardless of what might be in the UI, that the test case is told to terminate after execution:

line 5:

execution.default.quitDriversAfterExecutingTestCase=true

Nevermind… the new version still kills the Test Case.

Hi all,

We will fix this soon. So please use Test Suite as a workaround solution.

Regards

1 Like

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi all,

We will fix this soon. So please use Test Suite as a workaround solution.

Regards

I’m using the test suite workaround which also works good and complements how I build things. No hurry, but does Katalon have a time frame on when the test case issue will be fixed?