Want to configure the run or not for a test suit by variables in excel

i have a test suit which assigned multiple test cases in it. But per the different environment, some test cases are not available for special env. So I want to know if there is a way to configure the test case run or not in excel.

Is there any suggestions . Thanks

run or not.png

is there problem to have test suite for each environment?
then you can use profiles and set them in test suite collection - set specific global variable and based on it’s value - on beginning of TC execute it or not

a

Andrej Podhajský said:

then you can use profiles and set them in test suite collection - set specific global variable and based on it’s value - on beginning of TC execute it or not

Hi Andrej Podhajský

There are Two Env I need to run the cases on. One is UAT, One is local env.
I configured all the test cases in one suite. And I have such situations.
Test case A should be run for UAT and Local Env.
Test case B should be only run for localEnv.

I saw that in test suite. There is a run for each cases. If I do not want run one of the case, I can uncheck the run checkbox.

But I want to configure this as a variable for each cases. So that I can manage the run or not for an case in excel without change directly in Katalon.

OK, i understand your needs to run different set of test ceases on different environments. I’m just wondering why you don’t want to make second Test Suite. Maintenance is same - you need to have list of TC somewhere - Excel or Katalon studio. So why not use tool that was created for such situation - Katalon with testsuites?
I think there is no official way how to setup what should be executed based on some external source, (but i’m usually wrong) if you want such feature, you need to implement it by yourself.

To achieve what you want, you would need to change all test cases and on beginning add some condition that will execute or not particular TC based on some value in excel. (this is how i would approach this problem … not most elegant solution, but can work)

image.png

Kyle Yao said:

Andrej Podhajský said:

Hi Andrej Podhajský

There are Two Env I need to run the cases on. One is UAT, One is local env.
I configured all the test cases in one suite. And I have such situations.
Test case A should be run for UAT and Local Env.
Test case B should be only run for localEnv.

I saw that in test suite. There is a run for each cases. If I do not want run one of the case, I can uncheck the run checkbox.

But I want to configure this as a variable for each cases. So that I can manage the run or not for an case in excel without change directly in Katalon.

Thanks Andrej Podhajský.

Hope it helps, You are welcome