Verify text on an element that has CSS changing the text value

Hi,

I’ve just started using Katalon and noticed when you pick dates off a page, it seems to get the wrong value.

Looking at this page for example:

Using the recorder, I verified against the date element (CSS selector = “span.published”).

Recording the script all works fine, but the test fails when run, because it expected “Apr 15, 2021” not “APR 15, 2021”.

I think what is happening, some CSS is dynamically and annoyingly uppercasing the element. I’ve seen this on more than one website now.

The solution I found is to just manually edit the test to fix it, but I can’t see any other way atm.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, or if someone has already raised it, but I thought to raise awareness as it happened on a few occasions now.

Cheers,
Edward

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll take it into consideration for the upcoming releases.

Thanks again for using Recorder!