Variable File Uploads

Trying to upload a variable file but can’t figure it out. I am successful with individual file uploads, I just need to manually change the name on a daily basis - which I don’t want to do.

My test case steps are as follows:

The Send Keys > Absolute Path seems to work, but that won’t work obviously if I want to upload a file that has the current date on it. I don’t have an error log as I really just have no idea how to go about accomplishing such a thing.

Thank you!

I’m experimenting with it and getting an error with the below test case:

KatalonQuestion2

The error as follows:

02-05-2019 04:21:58 PM Test Cases/TestUpload

Elapsed time: 8.063s

Test Cases/TestUpload FAILED.

Reason:

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: Xpath9 for class: Script1548972747494

at TestUpload.run(TestUpload:26)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)

at TempTestCase1549405316334.run(TempTestCase1549405316334.groovy:22)

And my variables:

I could probably help if I saw your script but since your logic is bound up in a UI session only you were witness to, it’s hard to follow what’s going on.

Any reason you can’t share your actual script (test case) code?