Update included xmlbeans jar

@devalex88 @ThanhTo

Any chance we could update the xmlbeans-2.6.0.jar and associated plugin to the latest version (xmlbeans 3.1.0)? Reason being: I’m trying to use the latest version of Apache POI (4.1.2), but am getting this error:

2020-03-13 12:09:58.085 ERROR c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor   - ? Test
Cases/php/pc2/regression/PHP-1521 FAILED.
Reason:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlOptions.setEntityExpansionLi
mit(I)Lorg/apache/xmlbeans/XmlOptions;
        at org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLTypeLoader.<clinit>(POIXMLTypeLoader.java:
43)
        at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.SharedStringsTable.readFrom(SharedStringsTa
ble.java:123)
        at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.SharedStringsTable.<init>(SharedStringsTabl
e.java:111)
        at org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLFactory.createDocumentPart(POIXMLFactory.j
ava:61)
        at org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLDocumentPart.read(POIXMLDocumentPart.java:
684)
        at org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLDocument.load(POIXMLDocument.java:180)
        at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.<init>(XSSFWorkbook.java:2
88)
        at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbookFactory.createWorkbook(XSSF
WorkbookFactory.java:97)
        at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbookFactory.createWorkbook(XSSF
WorkbookFactory.java:125)
        at org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory.create(WorkbookFactory.ja
va:327)
va:295)
va:276)
        at org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory$create.call(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at base.documents.ExcelDocument.<init>(ExcelDocument.groovy:16)
        at php.pc2.documents.PCRReport.<init>(PCRReport.groovy:8)
        at PHP-1521.run(PHP-1521:95)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngin
e.java:119)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor
.java:337)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor
.java:328)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(Test
CaseExecutor.java:307)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseEx
ecutor.java:299)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.j
ava:233)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestCaseMainPhase(T
estSuiteExecutor.java:169)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.accessTestSuiteMainPhase(
TestSuiteExecutor.java:142)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestSuiteExecutor.execute(TestSuiteExecutor
.java:91)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.startTestSuite(TestCaseMain.ja
va:157)
        at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown
Source)
        at TempTestSuite1584122849293.run(TempTestSuite1584122849293.groovy:36)

Upon researching the issue, I found this: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/NoSuchMethodError-org-apache-xmlbeans-XmlOptions-setEntityExpansionLimit-td5733517.html

which mentions that the xmlbeans version is out-of-date.

Thank you!

@devalex88 @Russ_Thomas @ThanhTo

As mentioned above by @Brandon_Hein ,
I also have got the same kind of issue.

Problem : I replaced xmlbeans-2.6.0 jar from configuration\resources\lib-> xmlbeans-3.1.0, this works fine with KSE but when I try to run KRE, it pickup jar from the plugins, when I try to replace it with 3.1.0 it results in KRE execution failure.

Currently I am using KSE and KRE 7.7.2.
Kindly share some solutions for this.

Hello @lotakeketan

We are working on a project setting that allows you to exclude a built-in library and add an external library to replace the excluded one. This feature provides the flexibility of using different libraries’ versions. Thank you for your suggestion and please stay tuned.

Jass

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Katalon Studio 7.8+ supports replacing a built-in library with an external one for flexible libraries usage in a test project for Katalon Studio Enterprise users. Learn more.

Happy Testing

Jass

1 Like

@Jass @ThanhTo Was this intended to apply to Katalon Runtime Engine as well? I’ve replaced the relevant poi jars with updated ones, but still seeing the error above only when running KRE. It works fine in KSE.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Duplicate topic: Usage of Apache POI 4.1.0 with xmlbeans-3.1.0