Unable to verify element present


I am once again in need of your expertise.

In my test, I click on an element that triggers a new browser tab and in that new browser window I want to verify a certain elements are present.

However absolutely NO element is found on the website - meaning I tried to verify more than just one or two elements, but it still keeps saying, that the element is not found.

These are the simplified steps:
WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Web_Elements/Page_Project_Show/Section_Job/span_firstJob’))
String jobUrl = WebUI.getUrl()
jobUrl = WebUI.getUrl()
WebUI.waitForElementPresent(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Web_Elements/Page_Job_Translate/span_editorNameMenu’), 30)

and this is the error:
Unable to find the element located by ‘By.xpath: //*[@id=“editor-name-menu”]’.

Problem is, that when the tests fails I try to find that element myself in the inspector (to check if my xpath is correct, and of course the element is found by that exact xpath)


I feel like katalon is searching for that element elsewhere, not in the correct window, however I tried (out of curiosity) to try and find an element on the previous page and also no luck. Everything else in this test works, I have used this step many, many times, however this is the first time I am unable to decipher what could be wrong.

Let me know if you need additional info.

You need to take account of the iframe:


Sorry for a bit late answer, this really was the issue. Haven’t encountered iFrames before.

Thank you very much.

1 Like