Unable to use Global Variable on KS 5.7.0

I am using KS 5.7.0 in my Computer. When I added some Global Variable in my script, it was failing.
I have restarted the Katalon as well as the computer but it was not working.
So now, I have modified the script with the value which I used when I created the Global Variable.
Now it’s working properly.
But this is not the permanent solution of my problem. So please help me out with the permanent solution.

KS 5.7 is long out of date and no longer supported. Not only that, there were bugs in some global variables fixed in more recent versions.

PLEASE UPGRADE.

@arpita.4757 If it is a bug in the KS app, then, yeah, you will have to get on the upgrade path. However, do you have the following at the top of your Test Case.

import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable

Also, if you have an improperly formed statement above the GV (higher up in your test script), then you may lose the colour from the GV references. In this case, you need to fix the statement that is improperly formed. As an example:

WebUI.verifyOptionSelectedByLabel(findTestObject(‘my Page/select_Status’), “Complete”, false)

the above is missing the timeOut amount, so you would need to fix that before the GV gets their colour back.

WebUI.verifyOptionSelectedByLabel(findTestObject(‘my Page/select_Status’), “Complete”, false, 10)

Sometime it is a bit more subtle than just missing a timeOut, like missing a comma or a starting/ending quote. Hope this helps.