Unable to upload to Kataln Analytics on Linux server

When I run a test and it completes, I get the following error:

Uploading report to Katalon Analytics…

Start sending test result to Katalon Analytics

Uploading log files in folder path: /katalon/Reports/RR/Compliance/Compliance_ShippingBillingAddress_Mismatch/20180611_084523

System is unable to send report to Katalon Analytics. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.perform(AnalyticsReportService.java:66)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.upload(AnalyticsReportService.java:51)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportIntegration.uploadTestSuiteResult(AnalyticsReportIntegration.java:40)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.uploadReportToIntegratingProduct(ReportableLauncher.java:258)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:78)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:171)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:135)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:65)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I get this error when try on windows:

The weird thing is that it suddenly started to work on Windows PC and then it stopped again with same error after I ran a Test Suite to see how reporting shows.

image.png

Yaacov Silverstein said:

I get this error when try on windows:

The weird thing is that it suddenly started to work on Windows PC and then it stopped again with same error after I ran a Test Suite to see how reporting shows.

This can be resolved using following steps:

1. Download InstallCert.java in this place: https://github.com/escline/InstallCert

2. Compile it using this Windows command line:

javac InstallCert.java

3. Execute the following windows command line one by one:

java InstallCert <your_web_host>

keytool -exportcert -alias <your_web_service_host>-1 -keystore jssecacerts -storepass changeit -file <your_web_service_host>.cer

keytool -importcert -alias <your_web_service_host>.net -keystore “jre\lib\security\cacerts” -storepass changeit -file <your_web_service_host>.cer

Example:

java InstallCert staging.katalon.net

keytool -exportcert -alias staging.katalon.net-1 -keystore jssecacerts -storepass changeit -file staging.katalon.net.cer

keytool -importcert -alias staging.shoutforgood.net -keystore “D:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-4.8\jre\lib\security\cacerts” -storepass changeit -file staging.katalon.net.cer

Yaacov Silverstein said:

When I run a test and it completes, I get the following error:

Uploading report to Katalon Analytics…

Start sending test result to Katalon Analytics

Uploading log files in folder path: /katalon/Reports/RR/Compliance/Compliance_ShippingBillingAddress_Mismatch/20180611_084523

System is unable to send report to Katalon Analytics. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.perform(AnalyticsReportService.java:66)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.upload(AnalyticsReportService.java:51)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportIntegration.uploadTestSuiteResult(AnalyticsReportIntegration.java:40)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.uploadReportToIntegratingProduct(ReportableLauncher.java:258)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:78)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:171)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:135)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:65)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Hi Yaacov,

I have logged this issue for the development team to take a closer look. I will get back you if I have enough information to share.

Thank you for reporting the issue,
Liam