Unable to test different pages from data file

Hi Community. I like to tell you about my experience using data driven files with the latest version of Katalon Recorder (KR).

I am not a programmer so I rely to the Recorder to create automated test suites/case for its record and playback capabilities. Two years ago a created a test suite where I needed to test different forms and was able to use data from a csv file. KR was able to read a row on the data file, populate the form, move to the next test case and read the data form the next row. I run the same test with the latest version of KR and the functionality is completely different and is not working as described anymore. Now KR runs a test case, reads data form a data file row, then re-runs the same test case with the next row of data and this is not what I need.

I have solve the problem for now implementing global variables, but it is not a good solution. I like to use a data file due to the data needs to be updated and we like to do it on the excel file, not to edit the global variables (they are a lot) every time. Is there a way to tell KR to run a test case, read from a row, then moves to the next test case and read form the next data file row??

Based on your description, I guess your CSV data looks like this:

a1,b1,c1
d1,e1,f1
a2,b2,c2
d2,e2,f2
a3,b3,c3
d3,e3,f3

A row at odd line# and a row at even line# makes a pair; they are virtually a single line.

Then, I guess, a solution for you could be reformatting the CSV data as follows:

a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,f1
a2,b2,c2,d2,e2,f2
a3,b3,c3,d3,e3,f3

You want to join 2 rows into a single row. Katalon would welcome the latter format. But I am not sure if my guess is right or not.

@jose.mora

What do you think?

@ThanhTo

Do you have any idea what sort of change in Katalon Recorder caused this issue to him?

Hi Jose,

Apologies for the late response. Could you provide us with a screen recording so I can further investigate what the issue really is?