Unable to settext for text field

In one of my program, I used record function to capture the element details but while running the program Katalon is not able to set text. Below are error code which I received in console.

Unable to set text 'hello1' of object 'Object Repository/gmail/gmail1/Page_Blogger 1-click torrent - Crea/input_OYKEW4D-F-b titleField t' (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.InvalidElementStateException: invalid element state: Element is not currently interactable and may not be manipulated
  (Session info: chrome=61.0.3163.100)

is there any solution for this ??

Hi there,

Is there anything special with that field such as it’s readonly field?

NO, I feel it’s not a read-only field,
I tried with SPYWEB function I can find the element and select it but not able to verify it.

Please find the attached captured image of that text field

These are the diff code of that text field I found using inspect element of browser

1 CSS selector
.titleField

2 CSS path
html body#blogger-app.lang_en.rb div.OYKEW4D-e-h div.OYKEW4D-e-b div div.postsNew div form div.topHolder input.OYKEW4D-F-b.titleField.textField.OYKEW4D-F-a

3 Outer Html

Is there any way to integrate this code in Script mode

Capture.JPG

You just need to define a property named ‘css’ and use one of those selectors

I had defined Property named CSS as the selector but it didn’t work.

Can I see your screenshot regard to your edited test object?

![](https://s3.amazonaws.com/katalon-forum/editor/xx/tvtqiyn31dc1.jpg

I had created a test object with name CSS with value equals to .titleField

below is the test case window

test object.JPG

window.JPG

IS there any update on resolving this issue?

Try clicking using javascript, below Below is the sample code , please replace the test object and its value:

Ananth raghav said:

Try clicking using javascript, below Below is the sample code , please replace the test object and its value:

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(findTestObject(‘your/object’),30) WebUI.executeJavaScript(“arguments[0].value=‘Your Value’;”, Arrays.asList(element))

4 Likes

Ananth raghav said:

Ananth raghav said:

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(findTestObject(‘your/object’),30) WebUI.executeJavaScript(“arguments[0].value=‘Your Value’;”, Arrays.asList(element))

This worked for me.Thanks

Add this line to the script, just before the element that shows the error. Worked for me

WebUI.delay(3)

3 Likes

wow its works for me.i am trying to solve that error many days but when i put delay its working for me…great