Set_text problem

Hi guys, my Katalon studio have been updated from version 7.7.4. to 7.8.0 and now I can’t work normally with set_text items.
I’ve tried with xpath changed locator, but nothing works, I just want to set text to e-mail address/password, names etc…
ElementNotInteractableException

=============== ROOT CAUSE =====================
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotInteractableException: element not interactable
At object: ‘Object Repository/TRI_2/Page_Webdev Klaf - Store Demo/Page_Webdev Klaf - Store Demo/input_Email’

For trouble shooting, please visit: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/troubleshoot-common-execution-exceptions-web-test.html

12-10-2020 01:37:18 PM Test Cases/TRI

Elapsed time: 17.940s

Test Cases/TRI FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to set text ‘lac@gmail.com’ of object ‘Object Repository/TRI_2/Page_Webdev Klaf - Store Demo/Page_Webdev Klaf - Store Demo/input_Email’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword.setText(SetTextKeyword.groovy:66)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword.execute(SetTextKeyword.groovy:37)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:73)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.setText(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:977)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$setText$4.call(Unknown Source)
at TRI.run(TRI:38)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:393)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:384)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:363)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:355)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:251)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1607603835975.run(TempTestCase1607603835975.groovy:25)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotInteractableException: element not interactable
(Session info: chrome=87.0.4280.88)
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 87.0.4280.88, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 86.0.4240.22 (398b0743353ff…, userDataDir: C:\Users\L7B1F~1.SAM\AppDat…}, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:57011}, javascriptEnabled: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: WINDOWS, platformName: WINDOWS, proxy: Proxy(), setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify, webauthn:virtualAuthenticators: true}
Session ID: 12a16874e86a22e8e60cd343218192bb
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.createException(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:187)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:122)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.http.W3CHttpResponseCodec.decode(W3CHttpResponseCodec.java:49)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverCommandExecutor.execute(DriverCommandExecutor.java:83)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:552)
at com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver.execute(CChromeDriver.java:19)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.execute(RemoteWebElement.java:285)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.clear(RemoteWebElement.java:124)
at org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver$EventFiringWebElement.lambda$new$0(EventFiringWebDriver.java:404)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11.clear(Unknown Source)
at org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver$EventFiringWebElement.clear(EventFiringWebDriver.java:436)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword$_setText_closure1.doCall(SetTextKeyword.groovy:53)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SetTextKeyword$_setText_closure1.call(SetTextKeyword.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)
… 17 more

Thank you.

Try this maybe will help you:

Thank you @costea.georgian89

Just to confirm, 'cause I didn’t work so much with Katalon.

I should change something here? Cause whatever I change here except xpath or class it doesn’t work.

@luka.samac yes or you can do another thing use the spy option go to the specific page and then use the ALT + ` to spy the new object again and then In the test step replace the old object with the new one from the spy. Can you provide the link to try on my end too?

@luka.samac In your photo, you selected Attributes, try to select XPath if you want to search by XPath

Hi @costea.georgian89, yes I’m aware of all that, thank you :slight_smile:

I was spying few times, recorded few times to see if I maybe doing something wrong, but I cannot get a normal text to put it inside e-mail box.
I mean position is not a problem, Katalon finds the exact field in which text should be entered, but text is totally weird, I have set text mail@mail.com, and I get this:

2020-12-10 16:38:06.883 WARN .k.c.e.TestExecutionSocketServerEndpoint - Unhandled Error (closing connection)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Encountered duplicate MessageHandler handling message type <java.nio.ByteBuffer>, com.kms.katalon.core.execution.TestExecutionSocketServerEndpoint$2<java.nio.ByteBuffer> and com.kms.katalon.core.execution.TestExecutionSocketServerEndpoint$2<java.nio.ByteBuffer> both implement this message type
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.jsr356.JsrSession.addMessageHandler(JsrSession.java:131)
at com.kms.katalon.core.execution.TestExecutionSocketServerEndpoint.onOpen(TestExecutionSocketServerEndpoint.java:179)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.jsr356.endpoints.JsrEndpointEventDriver.onConnect(JsrEndpointEventDriver.java:140)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.events.AbstractEventDriver.openSession(AbstractEventDriver.java:229)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.jsr356.endpoints.AbstractJsrEventDriver.openSession(AbstractJsrEventDriver.java:104)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.WebSocketSession.open(WebSocketSession.java:489)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.WebSocketSession.onOpened(WebSocketSession.java:423)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection.onOpen(AbstractConnection.java:198)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onOpen(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:562)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractEndPoint.upgrade(AbstractEndPoint.java:201)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onCompleted(HttpConnection.java:378)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.onCompleted(HttpChannel.java:617)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:448)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:253)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.execute(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:102)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.run(ManagedSelector.java:137)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

@luka.samac

There are known issues with 7.8.0. Please try using Katalon Studio 7.8.1.

@luka.samac Sorry understood now, but how @Russ_Thomas said, update to the new version of katalon how I said early in this post I use a test case same to input an email in a field and I did not encounter this issue.

Hi guys, yes, I’ve updated to 7.8.1., now it works, but only on Firefox :slight_smile:
Some other problems have now appeared, but I’ll try to find a solution.

@luka.samac try to update Chrome too