Unable to select values from the salesforce combobox

Need suggestion on the webUI commands to make a selection in the salesforce combobox
The application for automation is salesforce sales cloud and I am trying to make a selection in the combox box but the webelement is not identified.

for Click command , the object is identified

I tried using this below statement but does work

WebUI.verifyElementPresent(findTestObject('Page_All Open Leads  Leads  Salesforce/a_New'), 0)

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Page_Recently Viewed  Leads  Salesforce/a_New'))

WebUI.delay(2)

WebUI.selectOptionByValue(findTestObject('Page_New Lead  Salesforce/span_Mr'), 'Mr.', false)
1 Like

Hi there @ssustautomation, :wave:

Welcome to our forum!

I found the topic below which contain several KShare articles related to Salesforce testing with Katalon Studio which I think may be of interest to you:

Thanks,
Albert

1 Like

If the drop-down is not done via a <select> tag, then you cannot use any of the selectOptionByXXX statements. Here is how you can check if you have a <select> tag.

[How To] Use The Browser Developer Tools (F12 DevTools) - Product Forums / Katalon Studio - Katalon Community

Edit1: Do you know if you have dynamics <id> or are they static? If you have dynamic <id>, are you using parts of them or not?

I notice that you are using “selectOptionByValue()”. If you did have a <select> tag, have you looked at the value attribute of the HTML that you may have or are you looking at the text that is in the drop-down. If you are looking at the text in the drop-down, then you have to use:
“selectOptionByLabel()”

And, I notice that you have your object with a tag of, “span”, so I am guessing that you don’t have a <select> tag.

Edit1: And can I suggest instead of “WebUI.delay(2)” that you try:

WebUI.waitForElementVisible(findTestObject('Page_New Lead  Salesforce/span_Mr'), 10)

WebUI.selectOptionByValue(findTestObject('Page_New Lead  Salesforce/span_Mr'), 'Mr.', false)
WebUI.verifyOptionSelectedByValue(findTestObject('Page_New Lead  Salesforce/span_Mr'), 'Mr.', false, 10)
1 Like