Unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable (version 8.3.5)

Hey guys,

After the most recent Katalon update (8.3.5), my Jenkins pipelines are failing due to the following error. Would appreciate some help to get this resolved.

Thank you,

Milad

Wed Jun 22 16:03:08 UTC 2022
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script1.groovy: 8: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
@ line 8, column 8.
import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable
^

1 error

at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors(ErrorCollector.java:314)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToSourceUnits(CompilationUnit.java:997)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:623)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:572)
at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:323)
at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:293)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parseClass(GroovyShell.java:677)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:689)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:573)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:612)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:583)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.webservice.VariableEvaluator.evaluate(VariableEvaluator.java:48)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.overrideEmailSettings(MailUtil.java:384)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.entity.TestSuiteLauncherOptionParser.internallyBuildRunConfig(TestSuiteLauncherOptionParser.java:363)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.entity.TestSuiteLauncherOptionParser.buildRunConfig(TestSuiteLauncherOptionParser.java:324)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.entity.TestSuiteLauncherOptionParser.getConsoleLauncher(TestSuiteLauncherOptionParser.java:302)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleExecutor.execute(ConsoleExecutor.java:74)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:528)
at com.kms.katalon.console.application.ConsoleApplicationStarter.start(ConsoleApplicationStarter.java:37)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:125)
at com.kms.katalon.application.Application.start(Application.java:88)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1420)

Is there anything written to the Problems tab when you load the test/suite in Katalon Studio?

• There is an issue sometimes that Katalon needs to rebuild a project before you execute it from the command line.

If there is, open the offending line and report back what you find.

1 Like

Nothing in the problems tab

Hi Katalon Team,
Any update for this problem. It’s also happened with my Katalon Runtime Engine in version 8.3.5

2 Likes

this happens randomly and it goes away on second run via commandline. Need answers to minimize false starts.

Hi, i hope this can be helpful for you to resolve this issue
https://katalonsupport.force.com/katalonhelpcenter/s/article/How-to-solve-the-error-Unable-to-resolve-class-internal-GlobalVariable

Tried this solution, didn’t work.
Ended up with the same error again.

Environment:
Windows 10 Pro
KRE version 9.0.0

D:\git\****-automation\****\Libs\TempTestSuite1699516003797.groovy: 13: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
 @ line 13, column 1.
   ^

1 error

Launcher status after execution process completed: Running

Something I noticed, the error log mentions the import line to be line 13, while in the actual test suite code the line number is 20.

Any inputs would be appreciated, @vi.kim

same issue occuring to me.

pls give solution @Eve_2024

I had a similar problem with the new version, need to regenerate the code file.

I think this is a parsing bug.

Try upgrade to newer version of KS, we fixed this issue in newer version like 9.0.0 or later.

I am using latest version of KS 8.6.6 and latest of KRE 9.3.0. Getting the following error in katalonc.exe console:

“org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
D:.….…\Libs\TempTestSuite1708459808902.groovy: 13: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
@ line 13, column 1.
^
1 error”

This started to happen with the new browser version i think. In my KRE, its -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true and it gives another error if i set it to false.

Not sure whats going on. We have subscription of a number of licenses and need this solved asap for my team. Please respond.

unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
@ line 13, column 1.
Still getting this error in 9.3.0 katalon version

Hi all, this bug is fixed in our latest version v9.3.1. You can find it here. Katalon Studio Download Free | Katalon