Unable to record on windows,

I am unable to record on window. i enter my site url and select record. choose, firefox or chrome and i get a pop up"Add Element to Object Repository." I select OK. then i get a warning “Please select elements to add to object repository”.

and i am not able to proceed

Hi there,

Looks like you haven’t recorded anything and you click on ‘OK’ button on ‘Record’ form, right? That’s why it show ‘Add element to object repository’ dialog without no recorded object.

You should do some recording on opened browser when you click ‘Start’ button to proceed. Please refer to this guide:

https://docs.katalon.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3179014

Thanks

Hi! I have the same problem.
I actually try to record stuff, but Katalon can’t get any object.
Could you please help me? I don’t know what else can I do :frowning:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2018-01-18 09:29:14.290

!MESSAGE

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.recorder.core.RecordSession.handleForFirefoxAddon(RecordSession.java:73)

at com.kms.katalon.objectspy.core.InspectSession.runSeleniumWebDriver(InspectSession.java:187)

at com.kms.katalon.objectspy.core.InspectSession.run(InspectSession.java:152)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I am also not able to record. I did exactly like it is described in the Tutorial. Also the spy on seems not to work. I use Win10 and tried with Firefox and Chrome. Do you have any suggestions what could possibly be the issue?

I have the same issue as @mariana I think - I record but do not get any Object. Where did you get the logs from?

The logs is in your Katalon Studio folder. You can find its location on this page: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4405/read-this-first-before-reporting-an-issue-bug#latest

MB IO said:

I am also not able to record. I did exactly like it is described in the Tutorial. Also the spy on seems not to work. I use Win10 and tried with Firefox and Chrome. Do you have any suggestions what could possibly be the issue?

I have the same issue as @mariana I think - I record but do not get any Object. Where did you get the logs from?

Yes, my spy doesn’t work, either :frowning:

Mariana said:

Hi! I have the same problem.
I actually try to record stuff, but Katalon can’t get any object.
Could you please help me? I don’t know what else can I do :frowning:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2018-01-18 09:29:14.290

!MESSAGE

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kms.katalon.composer.webui.recorder.core.RecordSession.handleForFirefoxAddon(RecordSession.java:73)

at com.kms.katalon.objectspy.core.InspectSession.runSeleniumWebDriver(InspectSession.java:187)

at com.kms.katalon.objectspy.core.InspectSession.run(InspectSession.java:152)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

**OS **Windows 8.1 Pro

Katalon Studio Version Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1

## Environment (for Web testing)

Browser

Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132

Firefox Quantum 57.0.4

Thanks in advance!

Vinh Nguyen said:

The logs is in your Katalon Studio folder. You can find its location on this page: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4405/read-this-first-before-reporting-an-issue-bug#latest

Thank you!! That helps for next times.