Unable to read data from Excel

Hi @ThanhTo, did you get a chance to look into the issue?

Could you please try again with other IDE like Eclipse or Intellij, as you said, with the same POI version Katalon Studio is using? This will help decide whether the library version was the root cause.

Sure Alex, will try and let you know the result.

We tried keeping latest jars on other IDE’s and we tested. it worked.

We tried updating POI jars in Katalon under Plugins folder. After placing new jars in Katalon, Katalon Studio is throwing some error while opening.

Thank you @Sudheer_D_J. If POI version is the cause, we will upgrade it in next releases.

Thanks @devalex88, i have attached all my files in the same thread. Could you please give a try as well.

If script is failed with null pointer exception, open the excel file and click on Enable editing and save the file.
This time script will pass.

not sure why it is throwing null pointer exception at the initial time and then after saving the file it is not.

Hi @devalex88, i tried importing the jars 3.9 in to Intellij. The same jars which Katalon is using. I am getting an same error “Null Pointer Exception”

Next step: We added latest POI jars to Intellij and executed. this time it is passed.

I am attaching the failed screenshot. Please help me to resolve. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @devalex88, any update on this

I’ve tried and could not find any solution with current Katalon Studio.

We’ll upgrade POI and if everything works well we will release a new version soon.

Thanks @devalex88 for the reply.

Will be waiting for the update from your end. Thanks for your support.

Hi @devalex88, any update on this jar?

Thanks in advance

Hi @devalex88, any update on this jar?

Thanks in advance

Hi @devalex88, we are trying to make use of the Plugin " Read Write Excel Custom Keywords" but we are having same issue which we were facing earlier.

Please do you have any ETA when the jars will be updated?

All are testcases are blocked for automation. Please help

1 Like

We are working on it in 6.1.3. There are some compatibility issues - we will update the status soon.

OK thanks @devalex88. Happy to hear

Hi @devalex88, do you have any update on the above request.

Thanks in advance

Hi @devalex88, any update on the above request.

Thanks in advance

Hi @devalex88, do you have any update on the jars. Please help.

Hello Katalon Team,

Do we have any update on this?