Unable to open safari browser in windows

I am trying to run web automation test in safari browser however unable to open it, got below error log:
Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: SafariDriver requires Safari 10 running on OSX El Capitan or greater.

The same test is running fine on Chrome and FF.
Do i need to install any extra driver for safari.
I am new to katalon studio, pls help.

Thanks,
Shruti

Can anybody tell desired capabilities for Safari and Edge browsers

Also I am facing issue in opening Microsoft Edge browser, below is the log:

(Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to localhost:38415 [localhost/127.0.0.1, localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] failed: Connection refused: connect

@Shruti Saxena said:
I am trying to run web automation test in safari browser however unable to open it, got below error log:
Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: SafariDriver requires Safari 10 running on OSX El Capitan or greater.

Thanks,
Shruti

The error message is obvious: “SafariDriver requires Safari 10 running on OSX El Capitan or greater.” => You need to have Safari 10+ in your MacOS computer to run tests with Safari

1 Like

i am using windows 10 , will it not work. for windows i have installed safari 5.1.7

Vinh Nguyen said:

@Shruti Saxena said:

Thanks,

Shruti

The error message is obvious: “SafariDriver requires Safari 10 running on OSX El Capitan or greater.” => You need to have Safari 10+ in your MacOS computer to run tests with Safari

Hi Vinh,

I am using Safari 5.1.7 and Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise SOEv1.8. and also tried with Safari 6.1

I am also getting the below error

‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: SafariDriver requires Safari 10 running on OSX El Capitan or greater.

Kindly let me know, which version of Safari can be used in windows

Thanks,
Venkatesh.

@Shruti Saxena, Try to use a older version of Safari.

You’re only other alternative is to buy a Mac, or for you to use a VM to run the latest Mac OSX and Katalon there.

Shruti Saxena said:

Thanks,

Shruti

Hi Shruti, Apple stopped supporting Safari browser windows version in 2012 itself. So testing applications on safari using windows OS I would say is not an advisable approach.

I suggest you to use platforms like Browser stack or Saucelab to run automated tests developed on windows OS. So you can write a test on one OS and run on multiple OS and Browser versions. This would help you to save huge test effort.

Katalon supports remote web driver execution. Read this - https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/BrowserStack+Integration

Give me more details to suggest better approaches.

1 Like