Unable to launch the browser with given URL in Chrome (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverExce

Hi All,

I am trying to launch the chrome with an URL but the browser launches and it does nothing after that.

I am seeing the below error after 1 minute

Unable to open browser with url: ‘https://xyz…’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.39.562718 (9a2698cba08cf5a471a29d30c8b3e12becabb0e9),platform=Windows NT 10.0.15063 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

My configuration:
Chrome : 66
ChromeBrowser : 2.39.56
Already Set the Proxy to System proxy
Already Set the chrome property to ----no-sandbox

P.S everything works fine in Firefox

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Sampath

Sampath,

You might consider downgrading your Chrome WebDriver version to either 2.37 or 2.38 to resolve this error…

I also have Chrome Browser v66 and I am using Chrome WebDriver 2.37 (Chrome v64 to v66)…

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried 2.37 and 2.38 but nothing worked out.

Sampath,

Is it possible to avoid using the following settings to keep your implementation more “vanilla”?

Already Set the Proxy to System proxy
Already Set the chrome property to ----no-sandbox

David,

Initially I tried with the vanilla settings, but it didnt work out and added those settings as per few other sources.

Update:

I am able to achieve my goal by running the test case after closing all the existing sessions of chrome.

Then it works smooth.

Hi, i killed my all existing chrome sessions, still it is not working. please help.

Hi Vikas,

Have you tried closing the chrome driver as well if there are running in the back ground?

Hi Vikas,

I was able to launch chrome by using the below custom keyword, try it out

@Keyword

def OpenBrowser(String url) {

System.setProperty(“webdriver.chrome.driver”,"");

ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();

options.addArguments("–no-sandbox");

options.addArguments("–disable-dev-shm-usage");

options.setExperimentalOption(“useAutomationExtension”, false);

WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);

DF1.changeWebDriver(driver);

driver.get(url);

}

1 Like

Thanks Sampath, it worked.

Hi.

I would make several changes to this,
First download chromedriver.exe and store it in a folder (Remember the path or URI)

@Keyword
def OpenBrowser() {
System.setProperty(“webdriver.chrome.driver”,“URI for chromedriver.exe”);
ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();
options.addArguments("–no-sandbox");
options.addArguments("–disable-dev-shm-usage");
options.setExperimentalOption(“useAutomationExtension”, false);
WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);
DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver);

driver.get(url); move this. it is downloading the driver of which we do not need to

}

Hi everyone, I have encountered the same problem. I am unable to run Chrome in Katalon, the browser will launch bit does not navigate to my URL. I am getting the same error as DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist

I have tried everything as per the suggestions but with no luck. Could someone please assist.

if we write some script which is expected to execute on all type of browser then this custom keyword will not help is there any other solution for this issue ?