Katalon.core.exception "Unable to click on object"

Hi Team,
I’m trying to automate a test, but I have this error “Katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object”

09-02-2019 01:17:27 PM Test Cases

Elapsed time: 16,715s

Test Cases. Dashboard FAILED.

Reason:

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Dashboard Sh/Page/a_S’

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:56)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$3.call(Unknown Source)

at 2. Dashboard.run(2. Dashboard:26)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)

at TempTestCase1567423044544.run(TempTestCase1567423044544.groovy:21)

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementClickInterceptedException: Element <a href=“https://…/list/”> is not clickable at point (120,371) because another element <div class=“preloader”> obscures it

I’m a beginner with Katalon, thanks to all

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementClickInterceptedException: Element &lt;a href=“https://…/list/”&gt; is not clickable at point (120,371) because another element &lt;div class=“preloader”&gt; obscures it

Your element was obscured by some other element.

This element is visible when its attempting the click, it sounds like a loading spinner of some sorts which will be preventing the other element.

What you will need to do is add a waitForElement… step before the click action so that when it performs the click, the “loader” is not obscuring it.

1 Like

Thank you very much, now is ok

the medthod “wait for element” before the click is ok on Firefox, but on Chrome I have the same error with the wait element

Which wait method are you using, Visible, present etc?

1 Like

the method that I use is “wait for element clickable”

hmm that should work fine, could you share your script and the error your recieving now with the wait method added

1 Like

I guess you could also add this step for the loader so it doesnt perform the click till the loader is not visible

1 Like

previously the error was “element could not be scrolled into view”, but I solved from “project - setting - web ui” and modify the “time between”. Thank you hpulsford, wait for a moment and i’ll send the script and error

Screen shot of the page would also be helpfull

1 Like

now is ok, thank you very much!

Your welcome - if its inconsistent, try and figure out the issue sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure :slight_smile:

Can you assist me i getting the same here is my i am getting the below error:
Test Cases/ACCOUNT CONFIGURATION and MANAGEMENT - Nostro Account Configuration and Management/Account Maintenance fields validation/Verify account creation fields of the maker screen FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Createing Nostro Account/CreatNostroAccount/Page_Arab Bank Recon Portal/Sign in now’
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:76)

and this my source code:

WebUI.openBrowser(’’)

WebUI.navigateToUrl(‘https://abrecon.abdev.eu-de.containers.appdomain.cloud/sign-in’)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject(‘Createing Nostro Account/CreatNostroAccount/Page_Arab Bank Recon Portal/username’), ‘maker’)

WebUI.setEncryptedText(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Createing Nostro Account/CreatNostroAccount/Page_Arab Bank Recon Portal/password’),
‘y8zLaEtGetk=’)

WebUI.waitForElementClickable(findTestObject(‘Createing Nostro Account/CreatNostroAccount/Page_Arab Bank Recon Portal/Sign in now’),
0)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Createing Nostro Account/CreatNostroAccount/Page_Arab Bank Recon Portal/Sign in now’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Createing Nostro Account/CreatNostroAccount/Page_Arab Bank Recon Portal/Accounts’))

Hello,

As it must be case where you must have page with dynamic value try to use attribute and object to identify as unquie in page it will slove the problem.

Hello sir,
I am getting an error while running a script. Please find the below details. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am a newbie to katalon.

Error message:
Unable to wait for object to be clickable

Here is my script:
WebUI.openBrowser(‘’)
WebUI.navigateToUrl(‘https://missionbio.com/’)
WebUI.waitForElementClickable(findTestObject(‘Page_Single Cell Technology Mission Bio/a_SNV’), 40)
WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Page_Single Cell Technology Mission Bio/a_SNV’))
WebUI.closeBrowser()

Screenshot:

@aluri

I looked at the page https://missionbio.com/ , and found that the a_SNV menu is a sub-menu in a dropdown list under the top-level menu CAPABILITIES. The menu is driven by javascript. Possibly the javascript controls the click-ability state of each sub-menu items.

If you want to click the a sub-menu SNV, you need to click the top-level menu CAPABILITIES first. You should not SKIP clicking CAPABILITIES, otherwise the SNV menu will never be turned clickable.

I am getting Unable to click on object error for a button. The UI is built on Angular. I have added ngwebdriver-1.1.4 to the library and added Wait For Element Clickable before the click . Also updated Chrome webdriver . But nothing seem to work.