Ubuntu: Jenkins Katalon plugin nightmare

Hi,

I have installed the Jenkins Katalon plugin in UBUNTU. I have installed the chrome and the firefox drivers.

In windows;my tests run perfectly. In ubuntu, nothing works.

The job I use; clones the code from git, then I run an “execute Katalon Test Suite” build step that gives me a lot of errors:

-if I use firefox, the error is:
The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.gecko.driver system property

-If I use Chrome, the error is:
unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist

checking in the net, the solution involves creating different code, depending on what browser you use in your tests.

As I intend to do crossbrowser testing, I refuse to believe that this cannot be done in ubuntu and keep looking for a perhaps easy solution I didn’t get across yet.

Does anybody know this solution?

Any help is welcome

hello,

with chrome try this
add this to file
C:\KatalonStudio\<katalon project>\settings\internal\com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome.properties
{"CHROME_DRIVER":{"args":["--no-sandbox","--disable-infobars"]}}

and with FF you will need to download geckodriver and add it to the path
1 Like

As I am using the Katalon plugin in Jenkins; can I set the chrome driver options directly in the command line of the build step? If yes, how?

hi,

navigate to the path where this file is
whereis com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome.properties
or
find -name com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome.properties
cd path/where/this/file/is/com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome.properties
vim or (vi) com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome.properties (open vim or vi editor)
Esc + i (insert txt to file)
modify the line
{“CHROME_DRIVER”:{“args”:["–no-sandbox","–disable-infobars"]}}
Esc + : + wq + ! (save the file)

1 Like

@Timo_Kuisma i hope you realise you are abusing code formatting and make your posts hard to read, i have no clue now what is a comment and what is a piece of code.

you do such formating on purpose?
or do you simply don't read/care about what do you post?

Thanks Timo,

I will keep this solution for Linux only installations.

I have discovered, though, that there is a better approach if your application needs to be browsed in, let say, Windows. The solution is to create a slave Jenkins in a Windows machine, where Katalon is installed.

From the Master Jenkins you can execute all the tests without modification in the code.
I found how to do it here: