Ubuntu console specifying -propertiesFile does not work

Hi there,

Within our team, my role is to configure our CI/CD pipelines to use Katalon for front-end testing. Our build agents, which handle running the CI and CD steps in our development pipelines, run on Ubuntu. Hence, I’m working with Katalon Ubuntu console-mode. As specifying all values in the cli command does not have my preference, I am using the - propertiesFile flag. The command used to run my test is the following:

./katalon -propertiesFile=/home/ludo/console.properties -runMode=console -noSplash

This results in the following log+error:

ludo@ludo-VirtualBox:~/Documents/Katalon-install/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-6.1.5$ ./katalon -propertiesFile=/home/ludo/temp/console.properties -runMode=console
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver.  Specified compiler level: unspecified
169 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE

INFO: Katalon Version: 6.1.5
INFO: Command-line arguments: -propertiesFile=/home/ludo/temp/console.properties -runMode=console
INFO: User working dir: /home/ludo/Documents/Katalon-install/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-6.1.5
INFO: User home: /home/ludo
INFO: Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
INFO: Java version: 1.8.0_212
INFO: Local OS: Linux 64bit
INFO: CPU load: 95%
INFO: Total memory: 1993 MB
INFO: Free memory: 582 MB

Missing required argument(s): projectPath.

My console.properties file however does have the projectPath argument:

#vr 31 mei 2019 13:03:51 CEST
browserType=Chrome (headless)
executionProfile=default
projectPath=/home/ludo/katalon/TestKatalon.prj 
retry=0
testSuitePath=/home/ludo/katalon/Test Suites/Test1
reportFolder=/home/ludo/Reports_Test1_001
retryFailedTestCases=true

My colleague who prepares the tests is working on Windows, so I generate the propertiesFIle myself. This shouldn’t be the issue here, as the projectPath argument name is not even recognised. Help and a bugFix would be very welcome!
Cheers, Ludo

Any luck with above issue? i am facing something similar !!

1 Like

For deployment automation and automated QA, some solution here would be very welcome. With large projects readabilty is all about configuration and issuing configuration in the cli command is very messy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.