Troubleshooting automated mobile testing

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/troubleshooting-automated-mobile-testing.html

Getting Unable to Start Application on this device: Appium directory is invalid. error when run is triggered from jenkins. Can you please share, how can we set appiumDirectory in jenkins or in cmd line to make run success. Many thanks in advance.

Hi @sashant.khatri

I have replied to you on another topic. If you are running tests with Runtime Engine, by default Katalon checks the Appium directory at:

• APPIUM_HOME environment variable
  • Windows: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium
  • macOS and Linux: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium
    Jass

Hi @Jass, I am getting below error
Unable to create a new remote session.Original error: Unable to parse remote response: Parameters were incorrect. We wanted {“required”:[“desiredCapabilities”],“optional”:[“requiredCapabilities”,“sessionId”,“id”]} and you sent [“desiredCapabilities”,“capabilities”]

In the DesiredCapabilities, I have given the following parameters.

Please let me know is there anything I missed or any other fix for this issue
Thanks in Advance

Hi everyone. Why my katalon studio don’t see Android SDK platform-tools? I have Android Studio whith actually libraries and latest Android SDK platform tools. But when i pressed “Spy Mobile” Katalon studio offered me to download Android SDK platform tool. lol.