Time Capsule "Click here to fix broken test object" message doesn't appear

Hello, I’d like to inquire about the Time Capsule feature. I’m using Katalon v9.0.0 and have already enabled the Time Capsule setting. However, when I execute a test and encounter a “web element not found” error, the “Click here to fix broken test object” message doesn’t appear.

2024-04-15 10:17:20.336 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - ❌ Unable to click on object 'Object Repository/Test Time Capsule/Page_CURA Healthcare Service/button_Login' (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object 'Object Repository/Test Time Capsule/Page_CURA Healthcare Service/button_Login'

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:74)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:40)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:74)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:620)

at Test Time Capsule.run(Test Time Capsule:31)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:448)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:439)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:418)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:410)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:285)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:144)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:135)

at TempTestCase1713150991678.run(TempTestCase1713150991678.groovy:25)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Caused by: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: 'Object Repository/Test Time Capsule/Page_CURA Healthcare Service/button_Login' located by '//button[@id='btn-logins']' not found

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(WebUiCommonHelper.java:1379)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIAbstractKeyword.findWebElement(WebUIAbstractKeyword.groovy:27)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.doCall(ClickKeyword.groovy:65)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.call(ClickKeyword.groovy)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:74)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:40)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:74)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:620)

at Script1713149952762.run(Script1713149952762.groovy:31)

... 13 more

)

What could be causing this? I’ve followed the documentation but still can’t use Time Capsule as described. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Willis, :wave:

Thank you very much for your topic.

I am looping in one of our Studio team member @xuan.tran here so that they can take a look at this issue.

Thanks,
Albert

Hi,

Please help test it manually to make sure the locator is correct. From the error, I think Katalon cannot find the element with ID. If your locator is correct and is able to test locally successfully, consider adding some wait (wait for element clickable) or delays.

This document mentions your issue, please help configure the setup.

This is the sharing from Katalon Support team that you can read through and discover more on the page.

Hope this can hep. Thank you

Hi,
Thank you for your response.
I intentionally created a wrong XPath for that object because I wanted to try using the time capsule feature.
I have configured the time capsule to be enabled, and I have made sure that I will receive the error “Web Element … not found” so that I can use the time capsule. However, as mentioned above, I did not find the message “Click here to fix broken test object.”
I tried using Katalon 7.8.2 for the exact same script, and I successfully used the time capsule. However, it did not work in Katalon v.9.0.0.

Hi,

Thank you for clarifying more on your issue. Can you please help provide a screenshot and any log you receive, as well as your OS, and device, …? I will create a ticket for this to investigate deeper. Thank you!

Here are the details. In this attachment, there is a script (along with the test object I used), log viewer, console, and specifications of my laptop.
Please assist me, and thank you.
Health Cura Time Capsule.zip (404.7 KB)

Hi,

Thank you for your information. I have created the ticket for your issue and let us take time to investigate it. I will update with you soon if anything new.

Thank you for the information you provided. I’ll wait ^^

1 Like