Test Suite is failing when getting rowcount on a table

Hi, I am on Katalon Studio v8.6.8 and been working on a script that works on a table. It is working until there is a UI change and need to update the xpath for the table, which I already did. It is working for couple of weeks. Then it fails, the script needs to count the rows and return the no. of rows for a certain logic but it seems it only returns 1 or 0 and sometimes it returns the correct no. of rows. It is just failing locally but when it is executed on bamboo / server it is passing without failures. Do you have any idea what might causes this? Thanks!

1 Like

This is the keyword I am using to get the row count. Hope this helps!

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

I had problems with some tables because I did not give my script enough time for the table to properly finish forming. My script would keep “blowing up”. What I did was to put in a “wait” statement until a cell in the first data line was visible. Note, not a header line (i.e <th>, but a data line <td>.

Secondly, your Keyword needs the final line to be “return numRows”, like

def Integer getHtmlTableRows(TestObject table, String outerTagName) {
    WebElement mailList = WebUI.findWebElement(table)
    List<WebElement> selectedRows = mailList.findElements(By.xpath(outerTagName + "/tr"))
    int numRows = selectedRows.size()
    return numRows
}

Edit: or you can just return the “size”, like:

List<WebElement> selectedRows = mailList.findElements(By.xpath(outerTagName + "/tr"))
return selectedRows.size()
1 Like

Actually, it doesn’t need a return statement.

  See 3.2.1 Method definition

At a glance, his code looks fine. However, for clarity, adding an explicit return statement is arguably the better practice.

1 Like