I use Katalon Studio ver 7.2.1 on Windows 10.
Please find the attached screenshot.
- I make heavy use of Execution Profile feature. As my KS project gets bigger, I need more parameters, so I encapsulate them in Execution Profiles. I make a lot of Profiles. The name of Profiles tend to be long so that I can distinguish them each other.
- In a project, I made an Execution Profile named
HP_byLBName_本番環境_category1 - 絞り込み. Please note, it is a long name.
- I made an Test Suite Collection. It refers to the above-mentioned Execution Profile.
- In the UI of Test Suite Collection definition, there is a grid of which columns are labeled
- The width of each columns are preset by Katalon Studio with proportions approximately:
– No : 5%
– ID: 35%
– Run with: 15%
– Run Configuration: 25%
– Profile: 15%
– Run: 10%
(1) The problem is that the width of
Profile column is not wide enough. As the screenshot above shows, my Profile
HP_byLBName_本番環境_category1 - 絞り込み is displayed as
HP_byLBName_ because the column for Profile is narrow.
- I can not distinguish among all which Profile is associated here.
- Everytime I open this UI, I have to change the width of columns with mouse manually to see the full name of Profile. This makes me irritated.
- When I try to change the width of columns in the grid, the UI reacts strange! As I click the border of columns and move it, the column’s width moves differently from what I would expect intuitive
- I want to see the full name of the Profile to be displayed immediately when I open the UI. I want 30% or larger for the Profile column.
(2) I have no idea what the column titled
Run Configuration is used for. At least I never use it. The column is allocated with 25% width with empty cell. The
Run Configuration column pushes the
Profile column to narrower width, which is inconvenient for me.
(3) The column width of the grid is preset with a fixed proportion. It would be nice if the column width is automatically adjusted to the cell contents — Enough width for long Profile names, less for blank columns such as Run Configuration.
I hope you to put this into the Katalon backlog.