Test Descriptions Disappearing

After I create a test, name it, and add a description, I have noticed that the test descriptions have been disappearing. The only things I have done between adding the description to the test and seeing it is gone is adding the test to a test suite and saving or just saving. Very annoying!

Note: There is a Description for a Test Case, there is a Description for a Test Case’s “Test Step”, there is a Description for a Test Suite and there is a Description for a Test Suite Collection…

Which Description value is missing or does not display properly?

See screen shots of locations where the 4 different Description values are displayed in Katalon Studio…

Katalon Studio - Description Fields.docx

1 Like

Jack Pullman said:

After I create a test, name it, and add a description, I have noticed that the test descriptions have been disappearing. The only things I have done between adding the description to the test and seeing it is gone is adding the test to a test suite and saving or just saving. Very annoying!

Can you provide detail steps regard to what you have done to reproduce this issue?

By the way, just for your information regard to ‘Switch To Frame’ keyword: The code below it is using the same native Selenium functions (driver.switchTo)

I am referring to Description for a Test Case. I enter a description in the text box and click ok. Then I make any change to a test and click Save All. Then when I go to the Description, viewing it in the Properties, it is a blank field.

I’ve encountered missing steps on my test cases after the update. However, my folder names were still there, data was still there when viewing from Finder. But when the project is loaded on Katalon, only the test cases, test suites’ names were there but not the steps and data?