Terminated Error in version 9.4.0

Hi,
After upgrading to the latest version, 9.4.0, of the Katalon Studio (in Windows), i’m encountering a ‘terminated’ error when attempting to execute tests. Everything was working fine in version 8. Could you please advise on how to resolve this issue? Thank you

.log (644.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi @abdullah.demirci-cic, welcome to the Katalon Community forum…
You will need to give us more detail as to what you are/were doing when the error occurred.
You can start by attaching the error log file to your posting.
Also have a look at this post:

1 Like

I’ve attached the error message from “EventLog”

HI @Elly_Tran or @albert.vu Can you see who might be able to help from the Katalon team?
Thanks Dave

1 Like

The one issue that pops out at me is the following:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “C:\Users\AbdullahDemirci.katalon\packages\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.4.0\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.4.0\jre\bin\javaw.exe” (in directory “C:\testfactory-katalon-recordsystem”): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long

Why not use: \Users\AbdullahDemirci\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.4.0
Or something like C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.3.0 << mine
The Katalon team may see other errors/issues.

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know your issue. Can you please give us some information about your device, do you schedule tests on TestOps or run them locally, any information about your app? Thank you!

1 Like

Hallo, we run our tests locally. In the meantime we attempted to use a shorter path in out Katalon-Installation (by moving the installation folder and adapting the windows-shortcut). But now there is a different error when starting Katalon Studio.

Please be noted that we have solved the workaround for shorten the execution path now. The error “… was unable to locate its companion shared library” does not come up anymore.

1 Like