Spy Web Utility

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/spy-web-utility.html

page content has some issues with formatting. Maybe few tags are unclosed.

1 Like

Agreed. Thank you.

@Liam_B? @devalex88?

Would be extremely helpful if we were able to use the Spy web utility when we are running (not recording) test cases. At the moment this is blocked due that chrome opens with the --disable-extensions.

1 Like

How can we export Object repository of a Project ?

Hi @deepak.parashar

Currently there’s no built-in mechanism to export Object Repository. You can copy and paste the folder Object Repository physically from projects to projects and start using the objects right away.

Cheers !

I need to find one object by xpath,and it works well on chrome’s console.However,it calls not found when I use the xpth in the object in katalon.

Caused by: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/fangkuan/fangkuan/otherWay_fangkuan’ located by ‘By.xpath: //div[@class=‘js-actionBox’]/input[@value=‘ć·Čé€šèż‡ć…¶ćźƒæ–čćŒć‡șæŹŸâ€™]’ not found
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(WebUiCommonHelper.java:1097)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIAbstractKeyword.findWebElement(WebUIAbstractKeyword.groovy:27)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIAbstractKeyword.findWebElement(WebUIAbstractKeyword.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.doCall(ClickKeyword.groovy:77)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword$_click_closure1.call(ClickKeyword.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:20)

17 more

Why is the verify and highlight disabled sometimes?

Hi there,
I have a couple of things that I have noticed and I would like to share with you.

1. The keyboard shortcuts are for English - US keyboards and for the PC Users. The Mac keyboards are different and also there are different keyboards for different languages. So it took me some time to find which shortcut works for a German MacBook Pro keyboard. It would have been better to find another way to capture the object independent from keyboard shortcuts.

2. For the version 6.3.3 unfortunately some objects are not captured no matter how many times you press the shortcut keys.

3. The Safari browser is not in the list of the Spy functionality which would have been very helpful. The reason is that sometimes we have browser related problems with the objects and maybe a solution to this direction would have been good.

1 Like

Hi, what elements cannot be captured by the Spy Tool ? Can you post the html along with the screenshot so that I can take a better look and try to reproduce the problem ?

Hello
and thank you for the prompt reply. I updated the KS believing that the problem that I have here is fixed. These are two screenshots with the objects

and .
One is in a time picker the active day class=" ui-datepicker-days-cell-over ui-datepicker-current-day ui-datepicker-today" data-handler=“selectDay” data-event=“click” data-month=“9” data-year=“2019” style=“”>29 and the other is the confirm button in a TimePicker class=“tp-flyout__confirmation” style=“”>
class=“tp-flyout__button–confirmation”>BestĂ€tigen

I could not find browser options in object spy window.can some one help on it pleae?

Hi Team,

The Spy Web Utility doesn’t work on the website built using ‘classic asp’. Is there any plugin that needs to be install in order to make this work or is it a limitation with Katalon Studio.

Hi, When I open Spy Object and start it on a IE page, it does not select/highlight any objects.

I am also facing similar issue. Scripts only works with Crome and IE. Is Katalon Studio works with IE Browser?

I currently work with classic ASP web applications as well as PHP web applications and have not had any problems with either. There might be other things at play that you should investigate.

Not sure if this will help you but some configurations need to be made with IE in order to use it properly.

Luckily I’ve been able to get away with using Chrome and Mozilla, as we do not support IE of any version at my company anymore.

Hi, no issues with Chrome browser. The issue is with IE, spy doesn’t work here. So, I spy in chrome and run in IE for now, as a workaround.

How to change shortcut keybinding for “Load DOM Map” ?
I’ve changed the key combination for “Capture object” by using Katalon Studio (v.7.3.1) > Preferences > Object Spy > Capture object option as “Alt+o” for instance. However, there is no option for changing “Load DOM Map” key combination. I guess, it was predefined as alternate version of “Capture object” key as “Ctrl+Alt+o” for instance respectively. But it wasn’t change at all by defining “Capture object”

3 posts were split to a new topic: Spy Web Utility: UTF-8 and unicode