[SEVERE]: Timed out receiving message from renderer: 82.375

I’m having a little problem with Katalon running a Chrome browser. I’m seeing this error:

[SEVERE]: Timed out receiving message from renderer: 82.375
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.TimeoutException: timeout: Timed out receiving message from renderer: 82.375

My environment is:

• Katalon 8.2.5
  • Chrome 99.0.4844382
  • Selenium
    ** selenium-server-standalone-3.141.59.jar
    ** om.kms.katalon.selenium-standalone_1.0.0.202201190711.jar

I’ve seen some possible workarounds on Google, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone come across this issue lately. There was a Chrome update when I opened Katalon last week or so and I updated the driver. Unfortunately I don’t know if this is the cause or not because this is the first time I’m running my test script on this URL.

I do have the WebUI.waitForPageLoad(900) command in the script but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Edward @em817m,
You could check the possible solutions below:
https://support.katalon.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406901161753-How-to-resolve-Timed-out-receiving-message-from-renderer-600-000-with-Chrome-

Please let us know if it works. cc @Jass for visibility

Thank you.

I tried a couple of settings and the one that seemed to work for me was going to Project> Settings>Execution>WebUI and changing the “Default page load timeout” section from “Wait until the page is loaded” to “Wait for (in seconds)” and setting it to some ridiculous value like 900. That ~seems~ to have done the trick for me.

I do have one related question. Can I trap the error if it happens again and how would I code that in Katalon?

1 Like

Hi @em817m

To capture those errors that happen again and again, you can use a feature of TestOps that is called Similar Failures (The test runs that have at least 70% of error similarities). Here’s a screenshot

Please try out TestOps for more insights.

Happy Testing!
Jass