Send Keys require object

Hello! First of all thanks for taking the time to read my issue.

I am currently using Katalon to Web Test an application for the company I work for. My current issue is regarding sendKeys function. I want to be able to send the keys a high number of times using a Loop Statement, the only problem is that the objects to which I have to send the keys change and are dynamic, if I do it manually the web application switches to each desired object in question, if there is a way of just sending the keys to no object in particular it would work. But it seems an object is required everytime. I tried using variables on xpath on the 3 objects that the app switches to everytime I press the keys I want, but Katalon doesn´t find them. Is there a way to send Keys to the Web App in general, without having to put every object they are sent to?

I have to say, this is an odd scenario you’re trying to repicate…

Is there a way to send Keys to the Web App in general, without having to put every object they are sent to?

Sure. Target the HTML BODY element. As long as there is no key capturing event handler (delegate handler) at that point, it should be benign.

1 Like