Script file encondig changed to ANSI character encoding after renaming a custom keyword / package

Hello,

Environment
Windows 7 64 bits (Spanish, with spanish reginal setting)
Katalon Studio 5.4.1 64 bits Windows Version (Selenium 3.12.0 / TestNG 6.14.3 / JNA 4.5.1)
JRE Oracle 1.8.172 64 bits

I found an annoying bug while I was renaming one of my custom keywods and their packages .

When I changed a package name, all the extened caracters (¿, ó, ú, …) on the test case were changed to “<?>” symbols, look at this example:

This test case was the only one opened at those moment, and is one wich use the renamed custom keyword / package.

To be absolutely sure what was the problem, I opened the groove script for this test case with Notepad++, just to discover that file encoding was changed to ANSI, when all my other test cases in the project are UTF-8 encoded.

This bug can be reproduced on both cases, when you change a package name o when custom keyword name is modified.

For any one else with this issue, the easiest solution I have found is to open the corrupt encoding file with Notepad++ and copy and paste all the code into the Script view of the affected test case.

I hope this bug will be fixed in future releases.

Please I beg you pardon if this issue is open in other post but I cound’t find it after a long search.

Please don’t hesitate to ask me for more information if you need it.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

JJGonChe.

defecto.gif

1 Like

Hello,

To add more information to this bug. It can be repro on build 5.4.2:

Thank you very much.

Regards,

JJGonChe.

bug.gif

1 Like

Hello,

I have the same issue in 5.4.2 but without changing anything !!

@Katalon : please help me to figure this out

Thank you very much !

1 Like

Joeyxx said:

Hello,

I have the same issue in 5.4.2 but without changing anything !!

@Katalon : please help me to figure this out

Thank you very much !

Hi Joeyxx,

You can fix your broken scripts just opening script file (Script*.groovy files in “Scripts” folder of your project) with, for example, Notepad++ or BBEdit and copy all the code then paste it in Katalon Studio (in Script mode).

I hope this workaround helps you with your broken scripts.

Regards,
JJGonChe.

1 Like

You can fix your broken scripts just opening script file (Script*.groovy files in “Scripts” folder of your project) with, for example, Notepad++ or BBEdit and copy all the code then paste it in Katalon Studio (in Script mode).

I hope this workaround helps you with your broken scripts.

Regards,
JJGonChe.

Thanks a lot, I have open the broken scripts with Notepad++, change the encoding and modify all the extened caracters manually.

If it’s happen again, I will try your tip !

Hope it will be fixed soon :slight_smile:

Regards

1 Like