Running Katalon tests on Flutter app

Please let us know what you are using Katalon Studio for?

I have currently applied Katalon Studio in my project

How would your work be affected if this issue has not been resolved?

I cannot continue my job and have to work on something else while awaiting your response

Operating System

Linux Ubuntu

Katalon Studio Version

I have used Katalon before at a previous company on a react/JS application. I am now with a new company and we use Flutter/Dart. Does Katalon Studio support testing of Flutter apps? None of my objects can be found using Xpath or Attributes. I used the Spy Redorder to get the objects.

Flutter Web apps are, as I understand it and broadly speaking, HTML, CSS and JavaScript - plus some jiggery pokery to get Dart in there (perhaps via a transpiler).

So, again broadly speaking, the answer is “yes”.

However, from the minuscule demos I’ve seen, the HTML source looks to be a (rats) nest of iframes and other containers that may make digging through the source “cumbersome” and tedious, to say the least.

I would not expect the Spy tool to handle a Flutter app - but I have not tried.

I would imagine XPath(s) to be cumbersome, too.

If you have a specific example that is publicly accessible, let me (us) know and we’ll take deeper look.

1 Like

Hi All, Is there is any support to automate flutter web application using Katalon

I can this thread is year before and wanted to check whether there is any work around or direct way of automation

Regards
Prabu

Hi @prabu_sam,

Regarding Flutter web applications, we currently only provide recording and spying like other web applications.

Regards,
Nam Nguyen.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.