[REQUEST] Add the ability to perform operations (copy, paste, delete, etc) on a group of commands

Currently, I’m only able to perform operations such as copy and paste on a single command within a test case. I would like the ability to select a set of commands, or select all, and perform the same operations. For example, if I want to duplicate a set of commands from one test case to another, I have to perform a copy and paste for each command, one at a time. This is maddening. Also deleting commands from a test case takes forever when you can only delete one at at time.

Guess this is already possible or i’m totally wrong in my understanding what you’re trying to accomplish here?

ctrl (hold) + click the commands you want
ctrl + c
ctrl + v

Patrick Groot said:

Guess this is already possible or i’m totally wrong in my understanding what you’re trying to accomplish here?

ctrl (hold) + click the commands you want
ctrl + c
ctrl + v

This doesn’t work for me in recorder. The keyboard copy/paste commands do not work on commands in my test cases. The copy command in the right-clicked menu works, but only on one command at a time, since I’m unable to select multiple commands and use the menu.

Well i can’t reproduce any of the issues. Maybe the #katalonteam has an idea what could cause this trouble.

Could you specify what setup you use in terms off browser/version, os/version, keyboard layout and what version you have of the Katalon Recorder?

So you are saying that you are able to select multiple commands in a test case and then use the ‘copy command’ operation from the command menu and then paste that set of commands into another test case? Can you confirm this?

Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mac High Sierra 10.13.4
Not sure. I use an Apple keyboard. The layout was not changed so whatever the default is for an Apple keyboard bluetooth connected to a MacBook Pro.
Katalon Automation Recorder 3.5.5

Jeff Sharp said:

So you are saying that you are able to select multiple commands in a test case and then use the ‘copy command’ operation from the command menu and then paste that set of commands into another test case? Can you confirm this?

Yes this works for me!

Ctrl + c and the copy buttons from the **command toolbar.
**Can’t do it for the right click do since that focused on a single test step and unselects the others.

I can copy those steps indeed in different cases and suites without any problems. I don’t have a mac to test on so have no clue what is could be.

Ah, actually I just found the command toolbar you mentioned. I’ve never noticed it before. It works!! Thanks for mentioning it.

The DELETE command still needs improvement.

1. Pressing Delete key doesn’t work at all.
  2. I can delete a single command or ALL commands. How can I delete selected commands all at once?
  3. After deleting a command, focus goes to the bottom of the script, not to the line below the deleted line. It really annoying.
  1. Yes, You can. It’s almost identical to @Patrick_Groot answer. Hold CTRL click on every command you want to delete. Then just useCTRL + X to cut them and that’s it. If you want to delete let’s say 15 succesor commands click on first one then press and hold together CTRL + SHIFT and click last command.

Thank you, Piotr. I knew about the cut option, which deletes and saves whatever what deleted in the clipboard. But still it would be great to have pure Delete option with the focus being moved to the next command, instead of the bottom of the script.