I am trying to run test suite collection on different Kobiton cloud Android devices using parallel execution. But I am not able to successfully run it on multiple cloud devices at the same time.
- I have configured Desired Capabilities for ONLY ONE Android devices. How can i configure Desired Capabilities for all other Android devices on which i am intending to run my Test suite collection? (The whole purpose of setting up Kobiton with Katalon was to run Test suite collection parallelly on different devices. If this is not supported there is no point for me to proceed further with Kobiton).
2.Can I use CUSTOM under Desired Capabilities to configure different Kobiton Cloud devices? if yes, Will I be able to select these configured devices in ‘Run Configuration’ when running the test suite collection?
- In the same above attachment, i have selected different Kobiton devices which Katalon-Kobiton integration allows. But I am able to configure device name for ONLY ONE of the above devices(If i do not configure device name in Desired Capabilities, the test cases would not run and I am not able to configure multiple device name- unless I can do it with CUSTOM option(point2))
@Chris_Trevarthen I am sure you would have some clue. Please advice. Kobiton is very well blended with Katalon. so i somehow want to make this whole thing work then choosing some other option like AWS device farm.
@Zarashima In the below link, you have given some guidance but we do need to have Desired Capabilities for both the devices on which the test suite collection is running. Currently I am able to configure Desired Capabilities for only One of the devices as shown in the very 1st attachment.
I think you might be making this a little harder than it needs to be. It’s been my experience that the device name, platform name, or platform version are not required in Desired Capabilities when you’re running with a specific Run Configuration - Katalon/Kobiton should auto detect those.
A few things that you might be able to do to simplify things:
- Remove the Android desired capabilities that you have set up for working with Kobiton devices
- Remove the Remote desired capabilities (I don’t think they do anything with Kobiton)
- When writing your test, use
Mobile.startApplication with the
kobiton-store value from your Kobiton app (see these docs for more details on how to get that: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/integrate_with_kobiton.html)
Then you should be able write a test like this:
import static com.kms .katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.MobileBuiltInKeywords as Mobile
DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
// These should all be optional values.
capabilities.setCapability("sessionName", "Automation test session");
// Grab this from your Kobiton app's settings
Mobile.tap(findTestObject('Add Button'), 0)
Mobile.setText (findTestObject ('Note EditText'), 'My test text', 0)
Mobile.tap(findTestObject('Back Button'), 0)
You can then execute the Test Suite Collection on the Kobiton devices as you have them set above.
Hope this helps,
@Chris_Trevarthen Thank you so much for your timely response. Really appreciate it. I was on Free trial which made things worse by providing limited number of devices. I tried running a test case by removing all desired capabilities and it worked. Thanks so much again!!
Thanks in Advance