Oracle database connection

Hi, If I want to setup an Oracle database connection which would allow me to run scripts would I require the enterprise version of Katalon ?

When I try and setup an oracle connection in Settings > Database > Apply, I get a message displaying saying that I need to use the enterprise version to use Oracle SQL

Hi @leena.lad

The answer is yes. You need to subscribe to a Katalon Studio Enterprise license if you want to perform tests with Oracle SQL. For more details of Katalon Studio Enterprise’s exclusive features and benefits, please see this page.

Jass

@Jass, Ok thanks. Does this also apply if I created a custom field to connect to the database instead ?

Hi @leena.lad

I’m sorry that I don’t get your idea. Could you please elaborate on what the custom field you created and how it works?

Thanks in advance!

Jass

@Jass For example, if I used the following: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/connect_db_gui_testing.html - would I still need to upgrade to the enterprise version ?

Hi @leena.lad

If you create a custom keyword for that particular need, you don’t need to upgrade to Katalon Studio Enterprise.

Jass

@Jass Ok thanks. Do you know if there are any useful guides to help with writing custom fields to connect to an Oracle db ?