Not able to view connected device in 'Device Name' list

I am using redme note3 and my device is not listed in device name list even though developer mode is on.
in the path belew provided in documents to check the adb devices,
\configuration\resources\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools
i am not able to view ‘tools’ folder.

Also how to install AVD pls share the link
Thanks

Once you connect device to the system ,Please check that
1-Your device is shown in your system or not (verify in your drives)
2-Make developer mode is ON
3-Make USB debugging in your device should ON
4-check What is USB configuration option in your device ? (like charging , file transfer etc ,) From those option select Media transfer protocol

5 - I hope before you verify above options , you need to install redme note3 USB driver in your system .

Let me know once you done .

Shruti Saxena said:

I am using redme note3 and my device is not listed in device name list even though developer mode is on.

Thanks

adb folder has been moved to your user folder, e.g: C:\Users\Admin\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools

Alex said:

Shruti Saxena said:

Thanks

adb folder has been moved to your user folder, e.g: C:\Users\Admin\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools

yeah i got this thank you.

Tanaya Jena said:

4-check What is USB configuration option in your device ? (like charging , file transfer etc ,) From those option select Media transfer protocol

5 - I hope before you verify above options , you need to install redme note3 USB driver in your system .

Hi Tanaya/Alex, Thank you both for the reply.
Yes i followed steps and now able to see my device.
However when I am running script (written and executed for web) on mobile device, it is not moving ahead after starting appium server on port.
Also I am not getting any error message, where to find the log?
Can you help me on this?

Shruti Saxena said:

Tanaya Jena said:

Hi Tanaya/Alex, Thank you both for the reply.
Yes i followed steps and now able to see my device.
However when I am running script (written and executed for web) on mobile device, it is not moving ahead after starting appium server on port.
Also I am not getting any error message, where to find the log?
Can you help me on this?

Tanaya/Alex, Can you please let me know how to install emulator?
Thanks
Shruti

Hi Alex,
I have installed kobiton however not able to start the emulation(i am totally new to this). As per instructions in katalon studio tutorials i have done the settings.
I have opened the mobile recorder, made device type as Kobiton devices however not able to view Devices under Device Name even after Refresh. Along with this i have opened link https://portal.kobiton.com/devices with my login. i just did launch however not able to view devices. How to start emulator?

Also what will be the Application file , means where will i get .apk or .ipa files?

Thanks in Advance
Shruti

i got the previous comment solution however getting another issue.
I have added my device, when i added application (.apk) and start the application one window has opened with running commands however after a long wait this has not completed. Can you please let me know what is the problem, below is the log i copied from the window:

[Appium] Welcome to Appium v1.7.2

[Appium] Non-default server args:

[Appium] port: 55022

[Appium] chromeDriverPort: 55023

[Appium] tmpDir: C:\Users\SSaxena\AppData\Local\Temp\\Katalon\Appium\Temp1518748790793

[Appium] Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:55022

[HTTP] --> GET /wd/hub/status {}

[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getStatus() with args: []

[debug] [MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.7.2”,“revision”:null}}

[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 25 ms - 72

[HTTP] --> GET /wd/hub/status {}

[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getStatus() with args: []

[debug] [MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.7.2”,“revision”:null}}

[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 11 ms - 72

[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session {“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:“C:\\Integral_Projects\\Tools_Improvements\\Katalon_mobile\\MaterialLoginExample.apk”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:"",“deviceName”:“Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Android 6.0.1)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“577bf4dc”},“capabilities”:{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:“C:\\Integral_Projects\\Tools_Improvements\\Katalon_mobile\\MaterialLoginExample.apk”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:"",“deviceName”:“Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Android 6.0.1)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“577bf4dc”},“firstMatch”:[{“platformName”:“android”}]}}

[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.createSession() with args: [{“app”:“C:\\Integral_Projects\\Tools_Improvements\\Katalon_mobile\\MaterialLoginExample.apk”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:"",“deviceName”:“Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Android 6.0.1)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“577bf4dc”},null,{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:“C:\\Integral_Projects\\Tools_Improvements\\Katalon_mobile\\MaterialLoginExample.apk”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:"",“deviceName”:“Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Android 6.0.1)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“577bf4dc”},“firstMatch”:[{“platformName”:“android”}]}]

[debug] [BaseDriver] Event ‘newSessionRequested’ logged at 1518748802860 (12:40:02 GMT+1000 (E. Australia Standard Time))

[Appium] Merged W3C capabilities {“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"C:\\Integral_Pro… into desiredCapabilities object {“app”:"C:\\Integral_Projects\\Tools_Improvemen…

[Appium] Creating new AndroidDriver (v1.37.0) session

[Appium] Capabilities:

[Appium] app: C:\Integral_Projects\Tools_Improvements\Katalon_mobile\MaterialLoginExample.apk

[Appium] autoGrantPermissions: true

[Appium] deviceId:

[Appium] deviceName: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Android 6.0.1)

[Appium] fullReset: false

[Appium] newCommandTimeout: 1800

[Appium] noReset: true

[Appium] platform: ANDROID

[Appium] platformName: android

[Appium] udid: 577bf4dc

[BaseDriver] The following capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: deviceId, platform.

[BaseDriver] Session created with session id: 4b452ce1-3a6e-4301-8c32-68f0251bcd05

[debug] [AndroidDriver] Getting Java version

[AndroidDriver] Java version is: 1.8.0_102

[ADB] Checking whether adb is present

[ADB] Using adb.exe from C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe

[AndroidDriver] Retrieving device list

[debug] [ADB] Trying to find a connected android device

[debug] [ADB] Getting connected devices…

[debug] [ADB] 1 device(s) connected

[AndroidDriver] Using device: 577bf4dc

[ADB] Checking whether adb is present

[debug] [ADB] Setting device id to 577bf4dc

[BaseDriver] Using local app ‘C:\Integral_Projects\Tools_Improvements\Katalon_mobile\MaterialLoginExample.apk’

[debug] [AndroidDriver] Checking whether app is actually present

[AndroidDriver] Starting Android session

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“wait-for-device”]

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“shell”,“echo”,“ping”]

[AndroidDriver] setDeviceLanguageCountry requires language or country.

[AndroidDriver] Got language: ‘null’ and country: ‘null’

[debug] [Logcat] Starting logcat capture

[debug] [AndroidDriver] Pushing settings apk to device…

[debug] [ADB] Getting install status for io.appium.settings

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“shell”,“pm”,“list”,“packages”,“io.appium.settings”]

[debug] [ADB] App is not installed

[debug] [ADB] App ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\io.appium.settings\app\build\outputs\apk\settings_apk-debug.apk’ not installed. Installing

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“install”,“C:\\Users\\SSaxena\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\appium\\node_modules\\io.appium.settings\\app\\build\\outputs\\apk\\settings_apk-debug.apk”]

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“shell”,“getprop”,“ro.build.version.sdk”]

[debug] [ADB] Current device property ‘ro.build.version.sdk’: 23

[debug] [ADB] Device API level: 23

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“shell”,“dumpsys”,“package”,“io.appium.settings”]

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“shell”,“ps”]

[debug] [ADB] Device API level: 23

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\SSaxena\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: ["-P",5037,"-s",“577bf4dc”,“shell”,“am”,“start”,"-W","-n",“io.appium.settings/.Settings”,"-a",“android.intent.action.MAIN”,"-c",“android.intent.category.LAUNCHER”,"-f",“0x10200000”]

After this no progress however progress bar is running.

Thanks
Shruti

hi Alex/ Tanaya,
Can you please help me on this issue.

Thank you,
Shruti

Hi Tanaya,

I am using xiomi red me note3 and when i started execution of script which was recorded on web , it will start and after starting the Appium server its not moving forward, however test shows its running.
below is screen shot:

Hi I have given apk its from production .i wanted to connect the elo android to my mac for katalon testing device is not showing coonected
Please reply