No able to inspect from dropdown list on Windows Application

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to automate a Windows Application and I am not able to record an interaction with a drop-down list. Katalon Studio Window App recorder is not identifying the option I am trying to select.

Here is the screenshot of what the dropdown list looks like, I am trying to select Database CANADA TEST

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 4.31.00 PM

I am just starting to do Desktop automation and don’t have much idea about how to inspect elements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@manpreet.mukkar

For dropdown list or context menu, you should use another machine to use remote inspect.

@duyluong Thanks for your reply.

Can you please share some more context , links etc how to do this ?

This problem of not being able to select from a dropdown is blocking me from going ahead in my desktop automated testing.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem, I cannot record the drop down menue.

Any help is VERY welcome

@manpreet.mukkar @stephan.pillhofer

I am facing the same issue with my desktop application and stuck there. Did you people get any solution to it anytime later.

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

The above worked for me and I used the right click on the element and then click on the same element to stay on the dropdown element and then finally click the same. Hope this works for anyone seeing it.

1 Like